Original topic:

S23 FE Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-12-2024 04:54 PM)
Shreyansh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Just got this phone a week ago. Not much usage.

With a SOT of 2h 31 min, my phone went down from 96% to 37%. 

This is consistently happening; even after using power saving and dark mode.

I am a student, and I need the battery to at least run a full day or two. The amount of drainage is truly ridiculous.

Also, a little funny as compared to my old phone, the A31, is that apps don't auto close at night, much unlike my A31, which produced longer battery life than the S23 Fe.

I absolutely don't want to hate the S23 FE; I love it. It is my first ever Samsung "S" series phone and as a camera enthusiast, the camera is also mindblowing, and better than the Pixel 8 (I tested my friend's Pixel 8). 

As I am writing the post, I can watch the battery roll down to 30% from 35%, albeit I have just started writing barely a minute or two ago.

Ridiculous. Any workarounds?
15 Comments
ElroyC
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, I would say give it at least 2 weeks for the battery to learn ur usage. The battery drainage will be irregular. If the situation still doesn't improve by the 3rd week, do approach the service centre to have ur phone inspected.
Members_wbNHYl7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I gave my S23 FE to koodo. And they did nothing about it. They sent it in for repair but they said nothing happened. It's been about 4 months and the phone is still very bad at battery life. I do wanna return this phone but at this point I really can't. I might have taken it to Samsung but I don't know if they'll pay me a fee.

0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Could request for a battery replacement? Maybe at another service centre. The service varies across different service centres in Singapore.
Shreyansh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for your advice.
Tried that but there was still no change to the battery life.
I have to charge it almost twice a day. If I charge till 70% the day before, the next morning it would show 30%. So I am really contemplating visiting them again.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
In that case, probably visit the service centre and request for a battery replacement. But do note to backup all ur data to Smart Switch prior to the visit, as for every repair, be it minor or major, they will require u to factory reset ur phone on the spot, before handing over the device to them for the repair. I have asked before if they allowed no factory reset and to use maintenance mode instead, they rejected and said that maintenance mode is only for third party repairs and it's their policy to receive phones fully factory reset.
Shreyansh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Let me try this out.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Alright. Then go ahead and have the battery replaced 😁 Let me know how it goes yeah.. thanks. 😊
0 Likes
Dre81582
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello,

I recently switched from the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE to the new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and have noticed a significant decrease in battery life. Despite transferring all my data and settings from the S20 FE to the S23 Ultra, the battery on the new phone drains approximately three times faster than before.

Previously, I was able to use my S20 FE throughout my entire work shift without any battery concerns. However, with the s23 fe the battery drains to critical levels before the end of my shift. My usage patterns remain consistent, primarily involving music streaming via Spotify on external speakers or headphones.

I kindly request assistance in identifying the root cause of this issue and potential solutions to improve the battery life of my Samsung Galaxy S23  Fe. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.