Original topic:

VERTICAL LINES AFTER UPDATE

(Topic created on: 03-24-2024 01:53 PM)
driftingaround
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Bought Samsung galaxy s21 ultra in May 2021, been using this phone carefully ever since. 

Recently updated the firmware on 20 Mar 2024, and after that, a pink line appeared right in the middle of the screen.

Talked with the representative on 24 Mar 2024 in Plaza Singapore around 11am , and it would costs me around S$400 plus to fix the screen. Told the representative that this only happened after the update, and I never drop the phone before that. 

Representative informed that the pink line might be there before the update, and it might become thicker after the update. The representarive keep insisting that there is nothing they can do. Feel that it is just unfair to the consumer as if i knew this would happened after the update, I would rather not to update. 

Anyway, just a less than 3 years not-so-great experience for me with Samsung, not going to choose Samsung anymore. 

Thanks, but no to Samsung.

19 Comments
ARamKumar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My Phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) had got a Pink line and a Green line. That's pathetic! I used it only for 2 years and 1 month.

Earlier, I was using Apple iPhone 6 which is bought in the year 2014 and it's still working now, even after 10 years.

Also, My Tab (Samsung S7+) is failed/dead after using it just about 3 years only.

Earlier, I used Apple's iPad which had lasted for 7 years.

Something's really wrong with Samsung's gadgets...
ARamKumar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Actually, these lines are not due to the Software updates. It's just the failure/expiry of the screen.
ARamKumar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
We may have to stop buying Samsung gadgets...20240324_212217_1000051276_1711286562.jpg
driftingaround
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Totally agreed with you. In my lifelong smart phone usage experience (more than 14 years, as my first phone was the ancient Google Nexus One), none of my phone died within 3 years.

As I always look for higher budget phone to trade off with longer usability, this phone really caught me surprise last week. 🙃

Really need to re consider if we should continue support Samsung.
AliceTan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same problem after the software update on my Note 20 ultra. Now I have switch to iphone
Loh1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue (green vertical line) after the software update. 

weeteck
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Boycott samsung phone.my fold 4 update also many problem.samsung ask me to pay 700 plus for the screen.no update no problem after update many problem.now they make it Yr problem.let say even website say fold 4 can fold up to 200000 - 400000 till its lifespan.i been using for a year plus.does that mean I nothing to do open and close 100 time a day.samsung phone quality nowadays ***.my last fold 4 .moving to iPhone or oppo better
TucsonLim
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
mine just happy
0 Likes