Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Battery drain faster in s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 08-18-2023 10:06 PM)
Thowfiq
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys, I would like to know the feedback from the people who used s23 ultra in very early days. Did you noticed battery drain faster than usual. Since i bought it yesterday and installed all the apps. I have charged my phone at night and it is 100%. I went to sleep with the battery of 54 around 12.00 and in the morning 6.30 I saw the battery dropped to 34. Always on display turned on as well. However I felt it is very fast to drain . Should i wait for few more days and see how much the battery on screen time improved. What is the normal on screen time for thr very normal usage. Just surfing in social media and take calls occasionally.
0 Likes

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
boontong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The phone, by default is draining probably 1-2%/hr with AOD when left idle and reasonable settings (not max AOD brightness, etc). However, as I added extra background apps that track battery (to also display on AOD), and networkspeed, the drain became more like 2-3%/hour (10 hours of non use suddenly can drain ~25%

At sleep time, I trigger Airplane mode (I don't see any need to continue to receive messages, email when I am not going to reply/read them when sleeping), and during which, the drain is roughtly 0.2-0.4%/hr

On regular use like surfing, it is around 10-13%/hr (my brightness is usually 1/3, on medium screen reso, adaptive, on 4G as my card is 4G only, but I got 2 sim card connected together at same time)

When browsing video, it is around maybe... 14-15%? the phone will toggle bright video

A lot of people install many apps (especially "FREE" ones) that has malicious background intend that user don't know. For those apps that might mention the background usage, most people also just click ACCEPT without reading too.

What I am saying is, it usually is user issue more than phone/hardware issue. Try factory reset, use the phone plain without installing "3rd party app that promises Free benefits" (many malicious "free youtube" app that let you skip ads, but has malicious stuff inside)

From what you are sharing, it is quite clear there's background processes going on even when you are not using phone. Surface apps that don't hide their intent: you can check which are running in background when you swipe upwards to reveal all the open apps, on top left will show "X active in background >"; tap on that
Hidden malicious apps: sadly... name already indicate malicious... not easy to remove as the programmer has bad intend. Suggest just start from clean again and be warey of 3rd party apps

If it still drains bad, then it might be your hardware issue
(been using S23u since around April; use it a lot on photography, media consumption)

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy S
Been using S23U since getting it at its launch in Feb and so far so good for me though I use my hp rather heavily for social media and whatsapp. Try enabling the power saving tools and see if it helps!Screenshot_20230819_000940_Device care.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy S
Hi dude... no need to worry so much n read online for all those useless tips or whatever...

Just remember Samsung phones need around 5 days to a week to get adjusted to your individual personal style of usage of the phone so its very very very normal for your phone to be like that at the moment...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the top right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and this might potentially be a solution to help others too...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!

View solution in context

3 Comments
Solution
boontong
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The phone, by default is draining probably 1-2%/hr with AOD when left idle and reasonable settings (not max AOD brightness, etc). However, as I added extra background apps that track battery (to also display on AOD), and networkspeed, the drain became more like 2-3%/hour (10 hours of non use suddenly can drain ~25%

At sleep time, I trigger Airplane mode (I don't see any need to continue to receive messages, email when I am not going to reply/read them when sleeping), and during which, the drain is roughtly 0.2-0.4%/hr

On regular use like surfing, it is around 10-13%/hr (my brightness is usually 1/3, on medium screen reso, adaptive, on 4G as my card is 4G only, but I got 2 sim card connected together at same time)

When browsing video, it is around maybe... 14-15%? the phone will toggle bright video

A lot of people install many apps (especially "FREE" ones) that has malicious background intend that user don't know. For those apps that might mention the background usage, most people also just click ACCEPT without reading too.

What I am saying is, it usually is user issue more than phone/hardware issue. Try factory reset, use the phone plain without installing "3rd party app that promises Free benefits" (many malicious "free youtube" app that let you skip ads, but has malicious stuff inside)

From what you are sharing, it is quite clear there's background processes going on even when you are not using phone. Surface apps that don't hide their intent: you can check which are running in background when you swipe upwards to reveal all the open apps, on top left will show "X active in background >"; tap on that
Hidden malicious apps: sadly... name already indicate malicious... not easy to remove as the programmer has bad intend. Suggest just start from clean again and be warey of 3rd party apps

If it still drains bad, then it might be your hardware issue
(been using S23u since around April; use it a lot on photography, media consumption)
Solution
Galaxy S
Been using S23U since getting it at its launch in Feb and so far so good for me though I use my hp rather heavily for social media and whatsapp. Try enabling the power saving tools and see if it helps!Screenshot_20230819_000940_Device care.jpg
Solution
Galaxy S
Hi dude... no need to worry so much n read online for all those useless tips or whatever...

Just remember Samsung phones need around 5 days to a week to get adjusted to your individual personal style of usage of the phone so its very very very normal for your phone to be like that at the moment...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the top right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and this might potentially be a solution to help others too...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!