Original topic:

Green line on S21 5G after Software update

(Topic created on: 07-03-2024 07:36 PM)
Ubaid70
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Its very disappointing to see a green line on my Samsung S21 5G Phone after software update done in start of June 2023. I have been using 2xS10+ and 1XS21 Ultra but never had any issues till I see this funky green vertical line after the upgrade. Is it a Bug on the software causing the pixels to die or is it a manufacturing defect of the AMOLED display.

My phone is in tip top condition and never drop or had any water/liquids impact. If this issues is caused due to the software update from Samsung then what's the reply from Samsung Singapore? This issue is not caused by user negligence rather its due to software update from OEM principal.

After mine affected googled and found that I am not alone and many phones irrespective of models majority of the galaxy phones are affected. So is it a Quality issue? How Samsung is going to keep it's reputation in the market if its widely spread and known issue. Whether its software/hardware issue out of good will to keep its name, Samsung must offer a free repair to fix this issue like how recall was done during batter issues in the past.

Its ridiculous to shift the blame to end users and make them  to pay for screen replacement.  Some threads recommend write to CEO but that link is no more working as well as Plenty of tweets and you tube videos out there. But still only in India and Vietnam they are doing free replacement on certain models with tight scrutiny on phone condition. In Malaysia is only S20 series I heard but what about Singapore?

Anyone has any escalation channels to steer this issue to Samsung Senior mgmt? 

35 Comments
Trainman65
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here. Just upgraded my S21+ yesterday to the latest April 2024 firmware, and a vertical Green line appears on the screen.

I saw many posts about the green line, which also happens in other models.

Samsung cannot say it's the hardware fault and needs us to pay for repair.

We have been loyal customers of Samsung for years, and this is not the way Samsung treats us.

Samsung should acknowledge this and arrange for a free screen replacement. 

0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It happened to me yesterday. S22+!
0 Likes
shyan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
All of a sudden I got green line when browsing. Terrible from samsung
0 Likes
sonickp