Original topic:

Green line on S21 5G after Software update

(Topic created on: 06-26-2023 07:03 PM)
Ubaid70
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Its very disappointing to see a green line on my Samsung S21 5G Phone after software update done in start of June 2023. I have been using 2xS10+ and 1XS21 Ultra but never had any issues till I see this funky green vertical line after the upgrade. Is it a Bug on the software causing the pixels to die or is it a manufacturing defect of the AMOLED display.

My phone is in tip top condition and never drop or had any water/liquids impact. If this issues is caused due to the software update from Samsung then what's the reply from Samsung Singapore? This issue is not caused by user negligence rather its due to software update from OEM principal.

After mine affected googled and found that I am not alone and many phones irrespective of models majority of the galaxy phones are affected. So is it a Quality issue? How Samsung is going to keep it's reputation in the market if its widely spread and known issue. Whether its software/hardware issue out of good will to keep its name, Samsung must offer a free repair to fix this issue like how recall was done during batter issues in the past.

Its ridiculous to shift the blame to end users and make them  to pay for screen replacement.  Some threads recommend write to CEO but that link is no more working as well as Plenty of tweets and you tube videos out there. But still only in India and Vietnam they are doing free replacement on certain models with tight scrutiny on phone condition. In Malaysia is only S20 series I heard but what about Singapore?

Anyone has any escalation channels to steer this issue to Samsung Senior mgmt? 

yusen
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
green line just appeared on my s21 ultra while watching youtube on 1st october. honestly at this point i am sick of samsung. note 20 ultra died due to whole screen LCD dying, didnt want to spend money on fixing so upgraded s21 ultra just to be served with a green line for me when i was planning to get the upcoming s24. nope not anymore done defending this
0 Likes
Samsung_02ghZhn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same after June update.suddenly green line appear without phone dropped or physically damaged. I think is new technique for this people to sell new phone. 

0 Likes
justjan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Two green lines within a few days. No point sending error feedback to Samsung. They just give standard reply. Rebooting and soft reboot don't help. Updating software didn't help either. I just notice the Samsung S21 and related models have heating issues. Phone was very hot on a few occasions. Culminated to green lines this week!
0 Likes
Members_Z9LhCSb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

so far no free replacement program for S21 Ultra? Hope they can do it like S20 with the exact same issue now with S21.

0 Likes
Gc2
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Me too having green line. Why samsung keep blind eye on manufacturer defects on their flagship phone? Please acknowledge and fix this. The line is annoying 

0 Likes
Members_je9STxq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just got a green line on my screen too after the recent software update that was installed on 19 November 2023. Please fix this Samsung. I have a Galaxy S21 5G.

0 Likes
Elfaris23
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Punya saya s21 5g...saat refresh rate di ubah ke 120hz,tiba" layar jadi hijau..dan bagian tengah tepatnya pas di atas keyboard,layar tidak merespon sentuhan..sudah saya cek pakai kode dial juga tetap sama saja..

Mohon kerjasamanya pihak samsung,kita sebagai pelanggan,tentunya sangat merasa tidak nyaman dengan kejadian seperti ini..

Sekali lagi mohon bantuan dan kerjasamanya pihak samsung.com

0 Likes
wherewhere
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi, i also got the same issue after updating my phone. Their reply is the same, no free replacement. Furthermore, they say there are no official compaints about the screen of the s21 series. This is so untrue. So many users out here are having the same issue. This is so ridiculous!
0 Likes
Mgac
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I also have multiple green line on my S20+ everytime I do software update I thought Im way past that kind of issue with the screen now my disappointment has gone up as my S22 Ultra 5g suddenly has a half cm horizontal white light on the upper left side of my screen today. I always put off the software update as Im scared the same issue with my S20+ will also occur. I tried to update and restart my phone but the light is still there. So frustrating.
0 Likes
Trainman65
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here. The green line appears after updating my S21+ in June last year. Samsung service centre says it's a hardware fault and needs to pay $270 for repair.

There are many similar reports on the website for S21 and some other models. However, Samsung refuses to acknowledge that the software upgrading is the root cause.

Time to switch to Apple?

0 Likes