Search similar:

uniqs
xpxp2002
join:2014-08-29
NEO

xpxp2002 to dslwanter

to dslwanter

Re: Fiber going live: more progress made on the Boardman system

Funny you suggested that. That's exactly what I was doing to locate the coordinates and just pasting them into the URL. Checked out a few different places of interest.

Also got to confirm that my next door neighbors called 811 for unrelated digging. They told me they would, but I was suspicious that they didn't because no utilities came out to mark or place flags. Looking at the website, I can see that each utility who responded determined that the area identified for digging is far enough away from their easement that they did not see the need to mark. Makes sense, but I assumed that they mark the entire property if you call, regardless of the reason.

I'm checking out this app now. Looks like it has even more data available than the website.
ChuckX192
join:2022-11-08
Youngstown, OH

1 recommendation

ChuckX192 to xpxp2002

to xpxp2002
I've been noticing more work going on in boardman over the last couple weeks. More flags placed and painted markings.
D3STRUKT
join:2009-01-23
Delta, PA

D3STRUKT to dslwanter

to dslwanter
I did the same here in Delta PA. I cancelled Armstrong after my 14 day trial of T-Mobile 5G Internet. I get between 400-700Mb/s and 80-120Mb/s up. Latency is similar to what I was getting with Armstrong. I ordered a Waveform external Antenna but honestly, im extremely pleased with their service. The only way id switch back is if they offered symmetric speeds for the same price but 500 down and 20 up is a joke.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192 to xpxp2002

to xpxp2002
SO i just checked ohio811. They're going to be installing Fiber Optic on my section of street on August 14th. A company named "Team Fishel" is doing the installation. Do any of you know who they're contracted through?
ChuckX192

ChuckX192 to xpxp2002

to xpxp2002
Ok I read it wrong, they're marking for pre-construction. So I'm not sure when they're going to be hanging the lines.
xpxp2002
join:2014-08-29
NEO

xpxp2002 to ChuckX192

to ChuckX192
said by ChuckX192:

SO i just checked ohio811. They're going to be installing Fiber Optic on my section of street on August 14th. A company named "Team Fishel" is doing the installation. Do any of you know who they're contracted through?

I'm not familiar with that company. I believe Armstrong's field crew is doing the OSP work, and they are only using contractors for the in-house conversions.

If it's pre-construction work being done by a contractor, I'm guessing that's AT&T.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Mineral Ridge, OH

1 recommendation

dslwanter

Premium Member

The contractors are doing the underground areas. Armstrong field doing fiber reel splicing. I've seen Armstrong and contractors doing customer splice taps.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192 to xpxp2002

to xpxp2002
That's interesting. There isn't much underground cabling on this section of Shields.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP

3 recommendations

dslwanter to xpxp2002

Premium Member

to xpxp2002
Click for full size
When's Armstrong going to get a cool truck? Walgreens Austintown lol.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

Lol. They prolly won't. Doesn't seem like an Armstrong thing. Haha
ChuckX192

1 recommendation

ChuckX192

So I just found out that the company marking for fiber installation on my street is contracted by Armstrong.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH

2 recommendations

dslwanter to xpxp2002

Premium Member

to xpxp2002
They are zipping along now worked straight through the weekend. Our development got spliced in yesterday. They are actively going ped to ped now and splicing. Should be any day now I hope to schedule.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

Armstrong or AT&T? Looks like I'll be getting Armstrong first.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR

1 recommendation

dslwanter

Premium Member

said by ChuckX192:

Armstrong or AT&T? Looks like I'll be getting Armstrong first.

Armstrong. I have yet to see the AT&T contractor that was supposed to be coming through last month. If what the AT&T manager told me is true, I should see them anytime now.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

Would love to know if AT&T will be coming down my street. I'm assuming they will, just would like to know when.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR

2 recommendations

dslwanter to xpxp2002

Premium Member

to xpxp2002
Click for full size
Here they come!
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

Nice! Are they splicing in your neighborhood now?

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH

dslwanter

Premium Member

They just finished. Hoping to be able to order soon.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

That's awesome!
ChuckX192

2 recommendations

ChuckX192 to xpxp2002

to xpxp2002
Team Fishel was just out on my street yesterday surveying for pre-construction for fiber installation.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR

1 recommendation

dslwanter to xpxp2002

Premium Member

to xpxp2002
Local news story on it: »www.wfmj.com/story/49563 ··· 55-oHbEM

OSIU
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Nowhere
·Armstrong

1 recommendation

OSIU

Premium Member

Click for full size
I find it interesting that they said they are upgrading their network to 10 G for 3 Gb symmetrical connections in our area. But then I also heard a rumor that Frontier is installing fiber around here too and lo and behold, I check Frontiers website and guess what I can get now too.... Maybe that 10 G upgrade makes more sense.

While I hardly count Frontier as a true competitor, having 3 fiber options is interesting. Talk about competition! Much better than the cable copper vs phone company copper of the recent decades.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

1 recommendation

ChuckX192 to dslwanter

to dslwanter
I just saw that this morning. Hoping to see some aerial work done on my street soon.
ChuckX192

ChuckX192 to xpxp2002

to xpxp2002
Called Armstrong Fiber construction department to get a timeframe for install, and they couldn't tell me. Most likely it's still to early. Another ticket for preconstruction on my street came up for the same company.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH

dslwanter

Premium Member

They came through here early August, still can't sign up. Called to ask and they said not ready yet. I still see several areas of spooled fiber that look like they're waiting for an OLT splitter.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

I wonder if they get a group of splitters and light them up at once. And then splice another group and do the same. Instead of one at a time.

OSIU
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Nowhere

OSIU to xpxp2002

Premium Member

to xpxp2002
Do you all have underground or aerial runs from the street?

Mine is aerial and was run after the street work was finished. It took 4 months after my aerial drop install before I could sign up for service.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH

dslwanter

Premium Member

Both. Aerial until it comes into our development. Goes down conduit on the pole at the intersection leading into our development.
ChuckX192
Youngstown, OH

ChuckX192

Ours is Aerial here until it hits lockwood, then goes underground

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR

1 edit

2 recommendations

dslwanter

Premium Member

Click for full size
Scheduled for Thursday. They were splicing our development early August. So about about 6 weeks from the time of splice.

Edit/Note: If you're on a promo rate, you'll get a change of service notice at the rack rate. Thus, I got an email telling me I'm switching to Zoom Extreme at $109/month. A quick call to billing got my promo back at $68.95 as promised. Symmetrical gig at that price is pretty good.