Original topic:

Trade-in

(Topic created on: 09-29-2023 08:12 AM)
Samehta
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have a question with regards to upgrading to a new Samsung flagship device. Why does trading in S22 Ultra against S23 ultra fetches just upto $600, whereas an apple iphone even 2 or 3 versions old fetches between $1000 to $1100. Samsung should be promoting upgrades and prices should be at par with an apple device. Looking at this I think if I decide to upgrade to S24 ultra, I would just be getting a trade in value of $200 to $300. 

What is the point of buying a flagship device of Samsung, when you do not get a good value back if you decide to upgrade? 
8 Comments
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Y not sell to 2nd hand dealer where they offer more. Then use the money to buy off authorise dealer as they normally have better deals.
Samehta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for suggesting. I will probably do it when i upgrade in future.

My question was more to ask why Samsung does not offer a good trade-in value to its own users, rather to Apple.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah.. I agree with Bern on this. Selling to mobile shops is a better option than trading in to official stores.

One thing about Apple iPhone is that they can retain good value for old phones. Even a 3 to 4 year-old iPhone fetches more value than a 1 to 2 year-old Galaxy phone, as the value of Samsung phones drop too quickly. Can fall as much as 30 to 40% in just a year span.
Samehta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, you are right.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
So best to sell externally bahs. If ur phone is in great condition, can fetch good value.
0 Likes
Samehta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks. Any shop you would recommend?
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
So far, I have sold my new phones to Mister Mobile and OnePhone. These 2 usually give the best value, in my opinion. Mister Mobile has a WhatsApp business account. I think they will give an estimated quote, then the final price will confirm when u bring down to any of their outlets which is more convenient to u.
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
If u dun mind the handling part, carousell can also fetch u better price.
0 Likes