Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera malfunction/fail in 3 days

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 08:20 PM)
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I recently bought my new S24 Ultra online via the Samsung Shop app, delivery was fast and I scheduled to trade in my Note 20 Ultra (infamous green line happened after the latest update) on the next Tuesday but within 3 days from my purchase, I realized the camera is malfunctioning. 

I attended a concert 2 days after I received the phone and the photo quality was very blurry and low resolution. At 1st I thought maybe I has the wrong setting or it's the lighting issue but here comes the issue, the camera keep stuck/froze/stopped recording when I zoom past x10. It said camera failed, apps not responding and only 1 camera to be used (there's no other apps opened). I tried resetting the camera settings, restart my phone, open in safe mode, updated all softwares and factory reset it twice but issue still persists. 

I went down to the service center and requested for a repair but it will take 5~7 days and Im not even sure if the issue will be solved so I asked if I can request for a refund or replacement unit but was told I need to get it checked/repair to determine if its a software issue or hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue, they will ask for approval from higher management to get me a new replacement unit. I'm now stuck with the Note 20 U with green line that might die anytime soon and not sure when I will get back my new phone. 

It is really disappointing that I spend so much for a flagship phone and to replace the previous flagship phone only to get it spoilt in 3 days time. I don't even know if I will get a functional flawless phone back. Was really excited to use the new Samsung S24 Ultra but its just a very bad experience now. 
Hopefully I will get good news in the next 5 days. 
30 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, hope that u do get a replacement, since it's not normal for a brand new phone to malfunction in 3 days. Likely, it's a manufacturer defect.
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yea i saw a lot of comment saying how flawless and HD the camera is, While mine doesn't work as good. I felt weirded by the zoom blurness and out of focus. Went to check again the display unit at the store and it did function better and clearer even after x10 zoom. Really hope I can get a new replacement unit soon :(
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah normally, shouldn't have any blurred image when zooming, as the auto focus should kick in instantly. Let's hope that they get back to u soon.
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you! Hope they don't extend the days haha I really need a new phone now
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
No problem. 😁 Yeah I see from ur post that u don't wish to use back ur Note 20 Ultra with the green lines alr.. so u want to quickly migrate all ur data to ur new S24 Ultra with a piece of mind.
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yea that's the reason why I bought a new phone at the 1st place. Who knows I'm back to it again. Haha... Luckily I haven't erased all my data yet 😂
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah good thing u still kept ur data in ur Note 20U. If not, u will need to migrate data here and there many times. I have been thru it before, so I fully understand ur situation. U just want this issue to get over and done with, so that u can finally migrate all ur data to a phone that u intend to use for several years. Now that S24 Ultra can support up to 7 years of major OS updates, it can last all the way till 2030. Maybe along the way, the only thing u need to replace is the battery, other than that, the other components should last.
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yea exactly... Also my work required me to use the phone a lot too, so it's would be nice if I could get it back soon... I don't have the confidence that this phone will last until 2030😂 it doesn't even last 3 days. I wish the SG Samsung policy can be the same as some other countries where they'll do a 1 to 1 replacement or refund with no reason ask within 7/14 days. It just make no sense that such expensive phone spoilt in 3 days. The QC was so bad for a big company like Samsung :(
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes.. by right, if there's a manufacturer defect within 7 days of purchase, as a consumer, u have the rights to request for a replacement. No reason for a brand new phone to malfunction upon purchase.