Original topic:

Disapearing contacts

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 12:52 PM)
Francis289
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

Some of my contacts automatically get suppressed from time to time with no apparent reason on my S21. Usually I notice it by opening Whatsapp when I see that some of my contact don't have their name displayed but only their number. Then I go in the contact app and find that these contacts are in the recycle bin (usually from 10 to 30 contacts) . Is there a auto-delete option that I am missing somewhere ? All my contacts are displayed from my google account so there really are no reason that only ome would be automatically suppressed. That is very strange.

Thanks in advance.

9 Comments
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Francis289. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. Can we trouble you to perform following troubleshooting steps?

Step 1 : Perform “Soft Reset”. Kindly refer to the below steps:
>> Please hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously. While holding both of the buttons, the phone will automatically restart.
>> You can release the buttons once the phone prompt with Samsung logo after the phone already turn on

Step 2 : Clear individual Cached Data
- Settings > Apps > Contacts > Storage > Clear Cache.

Step 3 : Software Update
Before you download:
* Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Wireless network connection.
* Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.

>> From the Home screen, go to Menu
>> Select Setting
>> Select About device
>> Select Software updates
>> Check for Updates.
>> If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of the software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.

The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK. You've successfully updated your software.

Please call our Samsung Care Line 1800-726-7864 for Smart Tutor Service if the issue persists. The advantage is, we will be able to assist you with further troubleshooting over the call.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Members_0JrGTgs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

None of that fixed the problem. I even performed a hard reset and after a couple of weeks, 1100 contacts were in my trash bin.

When it deletes hundreds of contacts, I can quickly notice and recover them, but the first time I noticed it, it was deleting just a few dozens contacts each time and once I realized I had already lost I don't know how many contacts since they were permanently deleted after 30 days both from the device and google account. 

Now I need to put a reminder every week to check my recicle bin.

This is very annoying. We need a patch please!

This is a major bug. Deleting my contacts both from my phone and cloud service can cause unimaginable problems.

I'm having this issue on a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

VJn
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I have exactly the same issue on NOTE20 ultra. The general instructions provided above do nothing to resolve this bug. Samsung should be ashamed for not solving this on their so expensive phones. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Same issue with contacts after upgraded to One UI 4 on S21 Ultra ...

@ Samsung please consolidate all issues after your One UI 4 updates release with Android 12 as seriously loads and loads of bugs been identified for S21 Ultra and S series or Note series phones. Usually soft resets dosen't really solve the issue or temporaily hidden after that and there's high chance these issues will surface again in near future. We need your engineers to come out with a patch update ASAP for these loads of bugs aka issues cause after upgrading.
Samuel69
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same issue for me.
Samsung_xPR9xRK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I too had that problem. I found out it's the dual messenger that is messing up. Remove and clear all settings for dual messenger  and problem is gone.

Settings -> Advanced features -> Dual Messenger -> (Three dots at the top right corner) ->  Delete all my data

0 Likes
VJn
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Please let us know after a few days, if deleting dual apps solved the bug with Contacts. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Tugee
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm also having this problem on Galaxy S22 Ultra. every few days I want to call someone and realize the contact is missing. I get it was deleted together with several other apartments. 

0 Likes
MM29
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I hv same issue with my fold3
0 Likes