Original topic:

Green line across S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-27-2024 03:55 PM)
CTGH
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi I am a careful user and have never dropped my phone or have any physical damage on my phone but a green line just suddenly appear on my screen? It seems like a global problem and apparently Samsung will not replace for free? Anyone has experience with this.

Honestly if Samsung is not going to replace free, I really like to amplify this among my social network. Paid so much for the phone 😠
0 Likes
12 Comments
Luffy_Joyboy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
If I'm not wrong Samsung is able to provide Free Replacement for the screen. But don't know whether u need to pay for the labour charge.
CTGH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Really? I read the comments stating having to pay. If it's free of course it will be great. Anyone have similar experience?
0 Likes
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Jus check with Samsung. Latest news is that will replace but with labour fee.
Green line got nothing to do with drops.
CTGH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh do you know how much they charge for labour fee?
0 Likes
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I read from previous members share is $55 - $70
0 Likes
CTGH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks this helps lots!
0 Likes
CTGH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi I just came to a service centre and they asked me to pay $450 and if I don't want to pay I have to escalate via email. Such a waste of my time! Samsung is terrible!
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello CTGH. I am Nantakkumar, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience and thanks for your feedback. We'll be sure to share this with the team for review and improvement. Please call our Samsung Care Line 1800-726-7864 regarding this service. Our experts at Samsung Care Line will advise and assist you in details.

Thank you.

0 Likes
CTGH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi, it is not a solution. I called the hotline and they actually suggested to just change the faulty module at half of the price. This same price is what I will pay for an entirely new LCD screen outside. What kind of resolution is this? There is no sincerity from Samsung at all. Afterall, since this issue is so rampant, it should be a manufacturing and make issue. Why should customer be paying for it?

I am furious as first I wrote in via Samsung Members, only to receive a generic answer and asked to go down to Service Centre, then I spend time, petrol and carpark fee to only hear your customer service person saying either you pay or escalate and she did not even look at the phone. To be fair, she was polite but not useful. Then calling your hotline, your colleague on the line make it sound like an irresistable offer, but is literally paying a full LCD replacement price outside for repairing the module.

Customer service is not just paying lip service with polite customer service person, it is genuinely wanting to retain customers with real solution that matters!

So much for being a supporter for 20 years...I am going to switch and make sure I get others to switch with me.

0 Likes