uniqs

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

1Gb Internet for $64 WITHOUT EERO

As the title says How do I get the above plan? All I see on the website is the Eero which I have 0 use for for an 800 sqfeet apartment

icanhazbbr
join:2003-12-12
united state

icanhazbbr

said by IowaMan:

As the title says How do I get the above plan? All I see on the website is the Eero which I have 0 use for for an 800 sqfeet apartment

Without intermarket competition, it's the only way + grievance/retention credits.

#AskMeHowIKnow #BeenThereDoneThat #ValuelessAdd #ThatsHowTheyGetcha

IowaMan
Premium Member
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

I just cant deal with the DSL anymore it is too slow and i'd rather pay the $20 more but im not about to spend $80 $64 is the highest i can go

icanhazbbr
united state

icanhazbbr

said by IowaMan:

I just cant deal with the DSL anymore it is too slow and i'd rather pay the $20 more but im not about to spend $80 $64 is the highest i can go

Then even MCs lowest tier offering would be heaven, coming from DSL.

IowaMan
Premium Member
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

I had 200Mb but more like 150Mb really. So yeah just figuring out which is best
gregherrin4
join:2016-11-25
Herrin, IL

gregherrin4

I thought you had Xtreme Connect 100/20 with unlimited data. Didn't work out for you?

IowaMan
Premium Member
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

I did but the issues with the wiring as well as issues probably with using Mediacom's equipment because I don't have my own coupled with canceling it. The first time I went back to the 150 Mb DSL but it's simply not enough. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for a 60 day promotion and so the cheapest for 500 Mb was going to run me $113 a month but I have the fiber provider coming back to service me on the 17th either way this is costing me time/money where I just should've stayed where I was at. I tried to save money and sometimes in life it's better to pay a little more for a better quality
gregherrin4
join:2016-11-25
Herrin, IL

gregherrin4

did you Mediacom internet before Xtreme connect? Or is the wiring and equipment issue specific to that slower speed plan. I've been thinking of switching to it bc of the recent price increase....have my own modem
pjfranke
join:2007-04-07
Cedar Rapids, IA

2 recommendations

pjfranke to IowaMan

to IowaMan
What's so important about "without EERO"? Just stick it in a closet to sit until you cancel your service, and use your own router, Wi-Fi, etc. You don't need the mesh features of multiple EERO boxes, but even in a tiny apartment, it's nice to have Wi-Fi for phones, tablets, etc.

I signed up for gig internet with EERO that cost me $65.59 for the first year, and has now gone up to $85.69 for the 2nd year. The installer forgot to even give me the EERO box after I told him I'm using my own equipment (modem, router, and AP), so I ran to the truck and had him give me one to ensure I'd have one to turn in when cancelling service and not be asked "Where's your EERO???"

icanhazbbr
united state

icanhazbbr

said by pjfranke:

What's so important about "without EERO"? ...

The installer forgot to even give me the EERO box after I told him I'm using my own equipment (modem, router, and AP), so I ran to the truck and had him give me one to ensure I'd have one to turn in when cancelling service and not be asked "Where's your EERO???"

You just cited the case-in-point after feigning ignorance. Would be ideal to avoid this whole circus act of being issued a device the customer isn't intent on using just to qualify for this tier of service, which is what OP was postulating.

IowaMan
Premium Member
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

Exactly, Mediacom used to have a 1Gb tier for $54 A month with no extra equipment required provided you had your own modem. they need to bring that back. A lot of people would possibly sign back up. Some people have particularly good network set up that they don't want extra equipment installed.