Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Mobile Device 1 Year Warranty

(Topic created on: 07-05-2024 01:56 PM)
raychay
Active Level 3
Options
Support

I recently called Samsung Service Centre for advice on a vertical green line appearing on my S21 display.

They said that my device was more than 1 year old & that my 1 year warranty is over.

Does Samsung expect their customers to change their phones every year when the warranty is over?

Do Samsung products fail once the warranty is over?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AmAnony
Beginner Level 2
Support
I got my s21 ultra a few months after it launch and had been till January this year where it developed the vertical lines. I contacted Samsung about it and somehow got it to escalate the issue to where they agreed to change the screen for me for free whilst I had to pay about a 50$ labour cost. Their conditions were that my device did not had any external party repairs or else the terms would be voided and no repair cost would be covered. I sent it in, paid the 50$ or so and got my phone a few weeks after with a brand new screen. You could maybe try booking an appointment and bring it down to their service centre. You could also refer to the article and ask if they still carry on the one time replacement.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/hundreds-of-users-report-mysterious-vertical-lines-on-smartphone-s...

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
AmAnony
Beginner Level 2
Support
I got my s21 ultra a few months after it launch and had been till January this year where it developed the vertical lines. I contacted Samsung about it and somehow got it to escalate the issue to where they agreed to change the screen for me for free whilst I had to pay about a 50$ labour cost. Their conditions were that my device did not had any external party repairs or else the terms would be voided and no repair cost would be covered. I sent it in, paid the 50$ or so and got my phone a few weeks after with a brand new screen. You could maybe try booking an appointment and bring it down to their service centre. You could also refer to the article and ask if they still carry on the one time replacement.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/hundreds-of-users-report-mysterious-vertical-lines-on-smartphone-s...
CptRooster
Active Level 1
Support
Thanks for sharing. Which service centre you go to? As i have called their hotline. Asking me to pay for the screen for out of warranty repair for the green line.
0 Likes
bqgc
Active Level 5
Support
Yeah UT after my hubby ch3cked out how .but he didn't go singtel to.ask if it's over 200 or 300dollars
So u see if hte trust outside dealers go to a familiar oen and if it's less than 50 to 1pp $
Then if u like then risk doing it a tdelaer outside
Tha ks
bqgc
Active Level 5
Support
*** central other areas I'm not sure is those non.shop.vendors ..ad hoc ones..***
0 Likes
raychay
Active Level 3
Support

Update: I emailed the CEO @link & got an email reply followed by a call from Samsung. The guy over the phone agreed to replace the LCD FOC provided my phone was in good physical condition, no water damage & unauthorized 3rd party repairs but I would have to pay a non-refundable labour charge of $54.50. I just collected my phone fixed after 2 days!

JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Great. 😃 U can use ur phone for another 1 to 2 years, as for S21 series, there is still one more major update, Android 15 One UI 7.0 slated to arrive by end of this year for most Samsung models.