Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Crooked servicing going on at Samsung Service Centre Westgate

(Topic created on: 05-09-2024 10:11 AM)
michealangel
Active Level 1
Options
Support

I send my working Samsung Note20 ultra to replace the green line on the screen.   Not only was the phone not repaired because they  claimed it has been opened before but i will still be charged a labor fee of 53.     the shocking thing was when i  collected back my phone the phone could not use  make calls or sms. it cannot be register with Simba.  

To rub salt on my wound   the staff Doris at Samsung Service  Westgate rudely accused my of sending in the phone already inoperative when clearly i send in a good working set.  She claimed Samsung has the right to return back any phone in any condition as stated in the  repair term and conditions which I signed.

How can the repair terms has a Limitation of Liability which state Samsung is not responsible to any damage the customer suffer  arising out of the repair.  there was no repair done and i have gotten back an inoperative phone.  this is a gross miscarriage of justice

9 Comments
sars8888
Beginner Level 4
Support
Your head is under their knife. What to do? Lol. I won't be getting Samsung phone anymore
bersjx
Active Level 7
Support
Yes, i agree that the team in Westgate is pretty rude & arrogant. While i pickup my phone in Westgate, the attiude is unfriendly too.
I will suggest to send social media.
weeteck
Active Level 3
Support
Boycott samsung phone.very bad after sale service.my fold 4 after ui6.1 update become struck at samsung logo.then completely black screen .went to westgate service centre charge $30plus for diagnostic. After that call me say repair the phone need 700plus.say its my fault.the phone I been using for a year plus.2.5 k to pay for such fragile phone not worth.now repair also no use.who know maybe one year spoil again.i give up the fold 4.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Ryan
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hi michealangel,

We sincerely apologise for the experience you encountered at our service centre, and we acknowledge that you have also communicated with our customer support team independently.

Ensuring a positive customer experience is paramount to us, and we want to assure you that we are actively investigating the incident. Rest assured, we will follow up with you to provide an update.

Sincerely,

Samsung Members Team

0 Likes
michealangel
Active Level 1
Support

Thank you very much for your kind offer to repair my phone .  i am happy your online respond is so much understanding than your staff manning the desk.

I would like to feedback that your support staff should test the phone is working meaning the phone is able to use the sim card to make calls or do data, before  before accepting the phone for repairs to avoid dispute .  I am told they do not test that before accepting.

0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Support
Samsung green line Facebook group in Taiwan. Clearly a global issue.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/samsunggreenscreen/
0 Likes
greenlinemonster
Beginner Level 2
Support
I have the same problem today 16/5/24. Was told my phone note20 ultra has been tampered with. So, ask if I want to proceed with the screen replacement of $420++.
She must me kidding......

Totally disappointed with Samsung after 15 years using it since note 4 model.

Switching to another phone brand.

Just feel like my head is on the chopping board with Samsung customer service.
Sksiva
Active Level 1
Support
Same for me....if this happens to older models then eventually every model will encounter this. Just matter of time. This will be the last Samsung that I owned. BOYCOTT!
0 Likes
roneoh6295
Beginner Level 2
Support
Seems like Samsung service ctr need to send their customer service personnel for CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE COURSE.
0 Likes