Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

App folder color change

(Topic created on: 04-25-2024 07:00 AM)
RazpberrY21
Active Level 4
Options
Solutions & Tips
After updating to one UI 6 I can't chnage the color of my app folders. The normal circle I would click next to the "+" in a app folder to chnage the color is missing. Can anyone help me where this feature was moved to or if samsung just removed it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Solutions & Tips
This also happened to me, and I figured out that I had to set my "Theme" in "Theme Park" to "Default" only. I found that it was working fine all along until I created a Theme and set it as my new Default Theme. Once I changed it back, I also cleared my Cache Partition, and it returned to normal, where I could change my folder colors again. It's definitely some kind of bug between 6.1 and GoodLock.

View solution in context

12 Comments
Solutions & Tips
I cqn confirm S24 Ultra OneUI 6.1 has it. See my screenshot.

Try go to recovery mode to do Wipe Cache Partition:

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partition
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system 1714053932228.jpg
0 Likes
RazpberrY21
Active Level 4
Solutions & Tips
I have one UI 6, not 6.1.

Could GoodLock be the culprit? If so, I can't find anything in Home Up or Theme Park that's responsible.
Solutions & Tips
If you install GoodLock Home up, uninstall it. Then the folder change colour option should re-appear.
0 Likes
RazpberrY21
Active Level 4
Solutions & Tips
I uninstalled Home up, and it didn't re-appear. I did restart my phone.
0 Likes
Solutions & Tips
Try remove GoodLock theme park. I might remember wrong, not Home up.
0 Likes
RazpberrY21
Active Level 4
Solutions & Tips
Also Uninstalled. I Uninstalled all the Good Lock apps.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Solutions & Tips

Hi RazpberrY21, as adviced by Tallman please uninstall Good Lock Home up to change the folder colour option on your device.

Thank you.

0 Likes
RazpberrY21
Active Level 4
Solutions & Tips
That did not work.
0 Likes
Solution
Solutions & Tips
This also happened to me, and I figured out that I had to set my "Theme" in "Theme Park" to "Default" only. I found that it was working fine all along until I created a Theme and set it as my new Default Theme. Once I changed it back, I also cleared my Cache Partition, and it returned to normal, where I could change my folder colors again. It's definitely some kind of bug between 6.1 and GoodLock.