Original topic:

Smart tag weird and wacky stuff

(Topic created on: 07-01-2024 09:42 AM)
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Options
Smartthings
I put a smart tag in my community mailbox and on my map the location is precise. 
After 2 hours it finally refreshed and now it says it's in a home a block away from the mailbox..
It also shows it's located in another neighboring house. So whwn it pings off someone else's phone it changes location which doesn't seem right. 
Is this a glitch?
I went to the mailbox and now it shows up at my house. It's bizzare 
12 Comments
Helenna
Options
Smartthings

Hi SgtStubby, 

Please try to reset the SmartTag.

1. First, open the SmartTag’s battery cover. To do this, insert the tip of your finger or a flat object (such as a guitar pick or credit card) into the notch on the bottom of the SmartTag, and then pull until the battery cover comes off.

2. Remove the battery, and then press and hold the button on the center of the SmartTag.

3. While still holding the button down, reinsert the battery.

Note: If the device makes a sound right after inserting the battery, try these steps again.

4. Hold the button for five seconds, and then release.

5. Snap the battery covering of the tag back together. The device should now be reset.

6. If you're planning to connect the SmartTag to another phone, you'll need to remove it from the SmartThings app first. Navigate to and open SmartThings on your phone, then tap the Devices tab, and then tap the Home icon. Select your desired location, and then swipe through the rooms to find your tag.

7. Touch and hold your tag, and then tap Edit.

8. Tap Delete device, and then tap Delete to confirm. Now the SmartTag will be completely removed from SmartThings, and you can add it back or add it to another phone if desired.

Thank you.

0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Smartthings
Made no difference. Thst procedure actually caused me to have to add the tag again..
Still acting stupid.
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Smartthings
So after a full reset it's spotted by the same device and is showing up a block away from the actual location. It's likely showing the location of the device that spotted it. I think that's a concen that should be escalated.
I noticed other weird stuff too where they will stop responding for a day or 2 before finally showing up again.
Charmer
Active Level 3
Smartthings
Since the UI 6.1 update basically the samsung keyboard has lost features such a talk to text, bit-emoji and gifs no longer have option accessing the keyboard ????
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Smartthings
What do you mean? Toxic text is not working. I'm using it right now. With samsung keyboard and recording the screen question mark well, that doesn't work.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Smartthings
I'm not sure why I can't attach a screen recording to show my 1st reply to you where voice to text does work. 1719897493038.jpg1719897493041.jpg1719897493050.jpg
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Smartthings
Ok so ya this is a real problem. The phone that detects the location of the Smart tag is what's revealed. Imagine if someone was looking for a backpack that had a tag and the app is telling the owner that the tag us located inside someone's house? Samsung coukd get sued over this. I think this issue shoukd be addressed immediately.
DLaw
Active Level 5
Smartthings
Precise location is confirmed by the device is paired with. The ping is to find the closest signal to its location. If you went into Find My Device or would then direct you to the exact location
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Smartthings
I will try it next time I am out
0 Likes