Original topic:

Trade-in Values

(Topic created on: 07-12-2024 07:36 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Not sure if Samsung has any interest in ensuring that their web channels and other sales portals work properly, but the trade in values are so messed up since yesterday! 
In the morning I was getting 920, down to 930, this morning I decided to go for s24+ instead of the new flip, and now the trade value for my s23 ultra is 400!!!! 

So you are telling me that last year's phone, not even the ultra is more expensive with trade in! 

Zero business modeling! And zero ethics. 
Not upgrading or getting anything, ecosystem switch is probably the best value for money! 
12 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Not defending them or anything but I believe when new devices come out, you do get a promotional credit added to the trade in value bringing it to a higher amount for the pre-order of newer devices.

Other older devices don't have that promotional value.

But yeah, the trade in values are disgustingly low and it's especially annoying that everytime you try, you get a different amount
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's where the business model fails. It should be consistent depending on the device condition but on how much 💰 they can make! It's ethically wrong!
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Exactly. It should be consistent. My trade-in value of watch 5 pro for 7 ultra is 300, but for regular watch 7, they are giving 200. I was like 😐

At this point, I am only stuck with Samsung because i don't like Apple or Ios, and we don't have options in Canada.
DLaw
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Got the same, still pulled the trigger on it because I bundled the buds 3 pro with it so the price overall was alright. But reducing what you can get depending on the high vs mid range is crazy
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
now i am tempted, watch 7 44mm Bluetooth + buds 3 for 348+tax after tradin 5 pro for 200.

honestly, i dont need to watch, but i need buds. My previous buds are almost dead, but buds alone are like 274+ tax after discount.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ima skipped..not doing it this year again, that's year 2 now..unusual for me but i am so proud of myself lol
0 Likes
DLaw
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It is. Do we need to do a wellness check? Lol
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Wont hurt, lol. Not wasting my hard earned money. I grew up lol
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
For real. Wish the other global brands like Honor, Xiaomi, Vivo and etc came here too. I would've loved to try out their foldables but what's been stopping me is the warranty for those international devices.

Samsung's practices are disgusting and they are basically crooks. Reducing considerably the values of trade ins in a matter of hours after launching new products.