Original topic:

S21 Ultra Green line issue!

(Topic created on: 07-09-2024 05:07 PM)
EliteMagnus117
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
The infamous green line plaguing S21 Ultra devices since forever ago just hit mine overnight. Yesterday was still fine, woke up with green line that seems to be partially flickering as well.

Anyone encountered this too or has resolved it and able to help?
18 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for updating! 🙏 That's great. Though it sounds absurd that customer has to pay for Samsung's fault, at least u get to prolong the lifespan of ur phone for another 1 to 3 more years, depending on when u are deciding to change ur phone.

Anyway, S21 Ultra still has 1 more major software update to go, which is Android 15 One UI 7.0 that should arrive earliest by end of year, good enough to continue for another 1 more year. Same for my Z Fold 3. Intend to continue for another 1 more yr before deciding if I should get a new phone. 😃
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

CEO got time to entertain this? 😀

Service Centre will call you but it's reflected as Suspected Spam on my phone so I didn't answer.

0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Haha.. I doubt is the CEO who will handle the case personally, but will be the staff in the CEO's office.
0 Likes
tanhm007
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same issue...samsung free change lcd....but charge sgd54.50 for labour...eventhough this is purly samsung issue.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, I would say this is pretty reasonable, as labour charges aren't cheap in Singapore. If u intend to use ur phone for another few years, this amount will be worthwhile. Though I have to agree that this is Samsung's issue.
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Service centre mentioned that the free screen replacement will not be honored if there are any signs of damage to the body or screen, water corrosion or unauthorized repairs to the set.
Good luck!
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
That's good to hear!
0 Likes
Sksiva
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung should officially announce on the screen replacement due to software update. No more Samsung for me after this. I just switched to iPhone.
0 Likes
VoiceOut
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I encountered the same problem. Samsung said the only way to resolve the problem is change screen & they charge $260 + labour fee $54.50 if phone is out of warranty. Seems like a way to force customers to get new phone or to switch brand. Disappointing level of service..
0 Likes