Original topic:

Green line

(Topic created on: 07-05-2024 11:40 AM)
VenusM
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Seeing so many disappointed customers complaining about the green line appearing after update, i as a long term Samsung user also feel a bit scared. Don't know if I'm thinking too much, lately i pass by Samsung store (Vivo and Plaza Sing.) I saw the stores empty with little or no customers. Maybe i pass by after dinner hours so not many people shopping i dont know. 🤷‍♀️
9 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I think the more crowded locations are Plaza Singapura and Westgate. Last Thu, I went to Vivo City, saw also not many ppl.
0 Likes
ChewyHero
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I was kinda expecting vivo outlet to be super packed tbh
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
But surprisingly, last Thu was very quiet. U don't even need to book an appointment also can, can just walk in for repair and wait a few mins, then ur number will be called alr.
VenusM
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
After i read about the green line issues i also scared. Let me know other brands that you guys are switching to. Apart from Apple. I'm so used to Android. Just in case there's a need for me to change phone. Touch wood.
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

My S21 suddenly got 1 vertical green line on display after 1.5 years. Of course I'm disappointed that my relatively new phone is defective when I take good care of it! My old S5, S7, S8+ are all still working after so many years! I don't think I will buy another Samsung S series phone again as it is supposed to be a flagship phone which costs more but the quality is not there anymore.

VenusM
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah, i heard S20 and above have this green line issue after update due to phone heat up something like that. Then i read another user using A75 also same issue. Myself i own 3. A70, A8, A30s, and also a tablet. I'm now praying daily not to see such happen. Samsung phones are not cheap. I don't expect it to have even such an issue. Worse still customers suffering such will have to pay out of pocket to get them repaired. Then what's the point of paying higher price if it can only last like 2 years. Hope samsung do something about this for those affected customers else many will switch to other brands.
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Ya, I'll probably buy a Xiaomi or Oppo with the same specs but hundreds cheaper after this episode if they don't do a service recovery!

Sksiva
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I had same issue with my S21 Ultra after sw update & I just switched to IPhone 15 Pro today as Samsung doesn't want to admit that it's their fault. Bye bye Samsung forever. My S10 plus still working good but cannot use for my work profile due to outdated updates. Got to learn to use IOS .....
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Cannot get used to IOS and iPhone prices 😅