Original topic:

Green line appeared today on S21 suddenly

(Topic created on: 07-01-2024 08:58 AM)
raychay
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I took my phone out of my pocket and discovered this! I didn't drop it on the ground or in water before but it suddenly appeared! Why? Warranty expired so I guess Samsung won't fix it for free.

0 Likes
9 Comments
alison15
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Look at my phone. I didn't drop it on the ground or in water and the lines appeared too. Best solution is to get a new phone. Initially only 1 line appeared on my phone, then gradually more as the months passed. 24-06-14-19-02-32-953_photo_1000001107_1718649360.jpg
0 Likes
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
😞 so sad
0 Likes
bqgc
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Guess in water
Not sure but guess some suave user have a ploy or ways someone can suggest?
Thnks..
Like thhe user said maybe if possible for dropped in water prob
Grt new phone and use new phone confidentially and perosnalis eif u re ..
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Welcome to Samsung's sufferer club. Don't repeat the same mistake of buying another Samsung phone as I did, buying an S24. With the S2X series, the quality of their hardware components has drastically gone down. I've heard/experienced so many issues, like display (lines) issues, Bluetooth, network issues, etc. 

0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello raychay. I am Nantakkumar, from Samsung.

We're sorry to hear you're facing this issue with your device. Could you please contact our hotline at 1800-7267864 (1800 SAMSUNG) for further assistance.

Thank you.

0 Likes
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Service Centre asked me to do a factory reset. Will it solve the green line issue? I seriously doubt so. If I waste my time & it doesn't, I was advised to bring it to Service Centre for evaluation. I will have to bear the labour charges or even pay for screen replacement as my phone is out of warranty!
0 Likes
dingdong2024
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Regret to have samsung phone.
0 Likes
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Today I brought in my phone to the Service Centre 🤞

The guy sitting next to me on the MRT also had a green line on his phone! 🤣

0 Likes
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Update: I emailed the CEO @link & got an email reply followed by a call from Samsung. The guy over the phone agreed to replace the LCD FOC provided my phone was in good physical condition, no water damage & unauthorized 3rd party repairs but I would have to pay a non-refundable labour charge of $54.50. I just collected my phone fixed after 2 days!

0 Likes