Original topic:

Verticle Green Line appear on my S20+

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 01:26 AM)
Amy215
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Today a vertical green line suddenly appear from nowhere when i woke up today morning~ i didn't drop the phone, didn't cause any water damage, it just suddenly came out by itself. How to solve this? Same thing happen on Jan 2022 after i update my phone, it was a bright pink line. How to solve this issue? i heard that it is due to software update
10 Comments
Pangpangz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

How did you resolve your pink line in Jan 2022?

A lot of pple have been reporting the green line in the past 2 weeks. It's obviously a defect in the S20+ line of phones, but Samsung wants to act blur and try to push blame to user and the so called "3rd party app". 

For all users who got this issue, my advice is still to go to their service centre, and then call up their hotline to complain. If you don't do anything, then you're just going to be a silent victim, which is what Samsung hope you will be.

Based on other users' experience, there's no resolution for this other than to change the screen for $370 if your phone is out of warranty. And also based on other users' experience, more green lines will continue to appear at a frequency of around 1 new line every week, until eventually the screen totally stop working.

Personally I won't be buying any more Samsung phones and will also strongly discourage my family and friends from buying Samsung phones. 

Amy215
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The pink line occurred in Jan 2022 is still there, now this current green line start to turn to pink too~My warranty is over and last time they tell me to change my screen. That time i thought is my problem,but recently when second line came up, i searched online for help and found out a lot of ppl is having the same issue as mine. Then i realize it is due to the UI update. Feel disappointed as i am a Samsung phone user for so many years.
0 Likes
Markkk
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

I just had my 1st pink line today. It was all green lines started in Jan 2022. The frequency was about 1 new line per month until recently a new line every few days. I have 6 green lines and 1 pink line currently. Was told to replace the LCD screen as well when I visited the service center. The cause is still unknown. Feeling lost.

0 Likes
Cuppamocha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have the same issue and it happens just when it's out of warranty. Have been quoted $300 plus to change the LCD. That's excluding another fees for labour. It's atrocious
0 Likes
Markkk
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here. I am not paying to replace the LCD without knowing the cause of the issue. If it is a hardware issue, there is no point changing knowing that the issue may resurface again. I heard from other affected user, they have to pay just to get their phone evaluated. This is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Jrr0
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Managed to get my phone refair free of charge. Emailed to ceo on website saying it was not an isolated issue, got 1st call to visit svc centre, I was not impressed and got 2nd call to send proof of purchase and some "about phone" information. 3rd call to schedule appt for free evaluation and possible free of charge repair.

Sent my phone on 5/5, got it back on 7/5. They managed to repair free of charge changed lcd+batt
vijayabhaskar
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi.. Can u publish email id and content here.. many S20+ owners have same problem and service centre guys just ignoring
0 Likes
wjshdiie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

This is samsung's website.

Moderators! After reading all the complains from consumers here still prefer to ignore.

spend hundreds to replace screen? really?

just dump the phone and get a new 1.(many cheaper options with 2 years warranty avaliable)

s20+ is not a cheap phone, getting greenline across at the 2 year mark is disappointing.my laptop can do better.

i will be steering away from samsung after being a user for more than 10 years

0 Likes
Amy215
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I also considering changing other Android phone, my 8 year old Acer laptop and 7 year old iPad screen still very nice, no lines~
0 Likes