Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Disappointed with Samsung

(Topic created on: 06-26-2024 04:42 PM)
flywwo
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
With the recent updates, my S22+ had experience a lot of issues.

1st was the green line. Brought it up to Samsung and they did not offer free replacement of the screen, despite it being a known fact that it's their software updates which caused the overheating and then the green line.

2nd burn in image. As my screen had green lines. I had no choice but to replace the screen. After a week of replacement, had noticed some burn in on top banner and bottom banner. Went to read online, they mentioned that Samsung software updates missed out the burn in protection. So this is Samsung issue/problem again.

So now, I'm just going to live with the burn in images that is caused by Samsung updates. Will change to other mobile brands soon.

Not buying Samsung again. Ultimate disappointment. 
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
Think during March have a period of 1 month or 2 weeks to change FOC for screen but u have to pay for the labour charge...
0 Likes
flywwo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Was not offered a FOC screen. Instead, got quoted more than $300+ for replacement. Ended up going elsewhere to change the screen. But now having the burn in issue. Not planning to replace anymore. Will be getting another phone that is not from Samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The one I mentioned above is just a 1 time worldwide goodwill from Samsung... Some countries get 1 month some get 2 weeks...
0 Likes
flywwo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I see, but anyway, it wasn't applicable to me at that point in time as my phone was still fine. Considering to just switch to another brands that is not as "troublesome" as Samsung
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Same la dude... Unless it's one of those China brands that uses one of their own China companies screen panel or else majority of the phones out there even Apple also kenna
0 Likes
flywwo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
So it's quite obvious is Samsung issue, but they are not taking adequate steps. Anyway, my post was mainly to just express my disappointment with how Samsung handled this whole green line/burn in issue in general.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No worries... this is a community for all Samsung user to air their issues here...

There alot of this type of posts before u in here n sure u r not the last and have more to come...

Too bad Samsung is from Korea and not US... u see how Apple get sue for all their issues with their iPhone and have to compensate their customers...
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Ryan
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi flywwo,

This is Ryan from the Samsung Members team. 

​Sorry to hear you're facing this issue. We would like to find out more and assist you. 

I have directly messaged you through Samsung Members. Could I trouble you to reply my message with your contact details so that we can reach out to you for further investigation?

Thank you!

0 Likes
dingdong2024
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I also need help. GREEN LINE on my s21 ultra. Was quoted sgd400+ last month. There are so many reported cases on different models recently. What is samsung up to.
0 Likes