Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
WHO grips their phone like that hard on a daily to even CAUSE this?!
Notice the palm indentation is NOT just a corner but along the edge?! That screams unnecessary force being applied just to hold the phone.

This isn't IceUniverse's personal massage pleasure time, where that kind of grip is called for. Seriously, NOBODY drips their phone THAT much UNLESS you're falling a long way or are expecting to be hit or thrown with much force that you do not even want that phone to leave your hands. Again NOT normal and NOT daily!

WOW hopefully they mean rounded corners. That is my only complaint for the S24 Ultra. If you consider that a complaint. Now Samsung...please upgrade the face unlock to compete with FaceID. Perfection!
Wow you fell for this propoganda to push Samsung against cornered edges just cause IceUniverse doesn't lift and is a wee-man? lol.

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
The S24U is causing an itch. I currently have a 15PM but the Samsung just looks so much better. Is it still possible to take it down to vanilla android or is that no longer possible/OneUI as improved so much that I wouldn’t want to?

Reactions: Tig Bitties

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
The S24U is causing an itch. I currently have a 15PM but the Samsung just looks so much better. Is it still possible to take it down to vanilla android or is that no longer possible/OneUI as improved so much that I wouldn’t want to?
There is no vanilla android anymore. Even the Pixel has a overlay of features and tweaks and Samsung is the same.
I don't think anyone really wants vanilla android to be honest. It would be featureless and lack a lot of tweaks we would expect to have.

Reactions: edubfromktown

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
There is no vanilla android anymore. Even the Pixel has a overlay of features and tweaks and Samsung is the same.
I don't think anyone really wants vanilla android to be honest. It would be featureless and lack a lot of tweaks we would expect to have.
It’s a long time since I had an android, Note 10 iirc, and the idea was you’d get rid of the bloat and then put your own overlay on it (Nova was my choice back in the day). But if even the Pixel is no longer “Pure” it’s obviously changed. I guess it means there’s room for manufacturers to tinker with performance on their kit while maintaining compatibility.

Reactions: jamezr

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
It’s a long time since I had an android, Note 10 iirc, and the idea was you’d get rid of the bloat and then put your own overlay on it (Nova was my choice back in the day). But if even the Pixel is no longer “Pure” it’s obviously changed. I guess it means there’s room for manufacturers to tinker with performance on their kit while maintaining compatibility.
Samsung isn’t the bloated mess it once was. I used to enjoy vanilla android but one ui blows the pixel ui out of the water for me personally

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Do you guys think we will see One UI 7 at the Galaxy event next week? Or is it only OneUI 6.1.1?

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Hey everyone, I have a good question... I have a S23U and may end up with a set of AirPods Max. I use a Mac which will be fine but how well will they work with Android? I love my phone and it's not upgrade time for me just yet (I use my phones till they are in dire need of replacement). Will I need an iOS device to set them up or can this be done on the Mac?

I hope this is the right spot for this post.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Hey everyone, I have a good question... I have a S23U and may end up with a set of AirPods Max. I use a Mac which will be fine but how well will they work with Android? I love my phone and it's not upgrade time for me just yet (I use my phones till they are in dire need of replacement). Will I need an iOS device to set them up or can this be done on the Mac?

Android and Mac don’t like each other at all but many have learnt to live with that with some work around ways for specific tasks that one requires.

Reactions: Ungibbed

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Android and Mac don’t like each other at all but many have learnt to live with that with some work around ways for specific tasks that one requires.

I've found ways where they live pretty comfortable with each other. BT file transfer for a file drop and such and the Android File Transfer app for larger files. I do wish that both would play nice with each other though.

Last edited:

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Haven't had my SIM card in my S24U since early May. Been using my P8P as my daily this summer so far.

But using this amazing S24 Ultra as a home mini tablet almost is super cool, and this phone's [H]ardware is top-notch. Tempted to put my SIM back in this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_094622_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_094622_One UI Home.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 33

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

I have a Galaxy Fold along with AirPods Max, but I never pair them together... I use the AirPods Max with my Apple devices (MBP and iPad Pro).

I use my Fold with the Galaxy Buds.... but to answer your question. You can setup the AirPods Max with the Mac... Apple provides settings for it.

Reactions: Ungibbed

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Just want to share that my UbreakIfix experience was fantastic for those who may need to go there for repairs. My S24+ came out without a scratch, even my screen protector was intact and not removed. No dropped calls or disconnects for over a week now (was a defective charging port interfering with antenna) 👍.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Also, anyone pre-ordering the Buds3 Pro? I got my Buds2 Pro refurb for $99 and am getting $100 for trade in plus the "education" discount, so for $118 all in not a bad deal at all. Bought blind, if they sound just as good as the Buds2 Pro I'll be OK.

Reactions: edubfromktown
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.