Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
it's fine here. try going to safari>Settings>Privacy>clear website data. find the paypal sites, remove everything. then go back to paypal and try again...
Yep, did that and it still fails. And I started from a 100% fresh install

I really want the silly browser to sign in so I can use Honey again

PS - uninstalled Honey, cleared ALL, reinstalled Honey.. same result. After putting in email/phone number it just blinks and goes back to these same prompt. No opportunity to even login with password..

Maybe you're alright because you already logged in and have the proper cookie in place before you upgraded? Oh well, no Honey.. everything else seems to be working nicely.

Interestingly, I think they fixed some coding in Contacts. It's lagged for me (over 6k contacts) terribly for many years, all fresh installs every year. This time around, it seems to not hang like it has.. that I'm glad of. I hope some of Apple Intelligence ends up helping more with Contacts at some point.. perhaps via Shortcuts? I'd like my database cleaned up, and there are no third-party tools that can truly handle what I need! ugh

All-in-all, the S update has been very clean and has handled well. Lots of memory leaks tho, but nothing CMM X doesn't catch (and a quick quit and relaunch fixes) .. one time my Passwords up when up to 8 GB of memory usage! Yikes..

Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Yep, did that and it still fails. And I started from a 100% fresh install

I really want the silly browser to sign in so I can use Honey again

PS - uninstalled Honey, cleared ALL, reinstalled Honey.. same result. After putting in email/phone number it just blinks and goes back to these same prompt. No opportunity to even login with password..

Maybe you're alright because you already logged in and have the proper cookie in place before you upgraded? Oh well, no Honey.. everything else seems to be working nicely.

Interestingly, I think they fixed some coding in Contacts. It's lagged for me (over 6k contacts) terribly for many years, all fresh installs every year. This time around, it seems to not hang like it has.. that I'm glad of. I hope some of Apple Intelligence ends up helping more with Contacts at some point.. perhaps via Shortcuts? I'd like my database cleaned up, and there are no third-party tools that can truly handle what I need! ugh

All-in-all, the S update has been very clean and has handled well. Lots of memory leaks tho, but nothing CMM X doesn't catch (and a quick quit and relaunch fixes) .. one time my Passwords up when up to 8 GB of memory usage! Yikes..
clearing cookies works for me. try uninstalling or disabling 'honey, then try signing in...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
nope, now it's saying 'something went wrong on our end' - it just won't work
it works for me, and works for one (other lunatic) friend running beta 1. make sure there's no extensions running in safari (no idea if Honey has one running, but seems likely). and consider rebooting after disabling any extensions...

otherwise... chrome or something. good luck!

mathewgx

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2016
Same happened to me. Since yesterday I can't login to twitter. Works fine with other browsers.

Sandygenesis

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2018
Are you seeing any issues with MS Teams screensharing? I have no issues with MS Teams calls, except screensharing doesn't work.

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
I am having two issues, one is a failure of any messages to send through Messages. The other is a weird cursor glitch on my secondary display. I have read about this happening in the past, but I never had any issues until this beta. I do use BetterDisplay, downloaded the latest version, but the issue persists with it on/off.
The cursor "trail" as it were seems to persist, and it leaves a glitchy false cursor at random spots. I am noticing it with browsers particularly, if the cursor changes depending on where you hover it.
Odd

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I am having two issues, one is a failure of any messages to send through Messages. The other is a weird cursor glitch on my secondary display. I have read about this happening in the past, but I never had any issues until this beta. I do use BetterDisplay, downloaded the latest version, but the issue persists with it on/off.
The cursor "trail" as it were seems to persist, and it leaves a glitchy false cursor at random spots. I am noticing it with browsers particularly, if the cursor changes depending on where you hover it.
Odd
not sure about Messages (works here), but check your BetterDisplay settings (make sure you have the newest update); try quitting it, see if the cursor issue is resolved (i use BetterDisplay and not seeing that)...

Reactions: siddhartha

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
not sure about Messages (works here), but check your BetterDisplay settings (make sure you have the newest update); try quitting it, see if the cursor issue is resolved (i use BetterDisplay and not seeing that)...
I quit BetterDisplay (yes, latest) and it seems a bit better, but still present. Messages not working at all

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
have you tried rebooting (with BetterDisplay NOT set to open at login?)

messages.... you might try signing out/signing back in (just a thought)
I did, no luck.

However-I did try making a new account, and while the cursor issue is still present on Chrome/Edge, it seems to disappear with Safari. Not sure if this would reflect in the main account just yet.
I have tried Messages, but so far it's not working, but taking forever to sync with iCloud. I will test once that's done, but a few test messages didn't send

nat1nat1

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2023
Anyone else notice 'unlock with Apple Watch' not working well since Sequoia? Or just me and my Series 4...

kukata81

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2024
Is there any hope that they will add gestures to Finder already? I mean with the mouse for example backward, forward through the folders. Magic Mouse everything else supports, but the main element Finder - not.

reycat

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
I'm running the beta both in my Mac Mini M1 and my Macbook Pro M3 Pro.

In both computers there are some apps that ask for permissions several times a day, usually when the Mac wakes up from sleep: AltTab and the Jump Desktop server thingy (I don't remember the name). The screen has a "Continue allowing" button, but it's quite annoying.

I filed a feedback, but I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem.

1718908160514.png

brsilb

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2018
Starting to have bluetooth disconnects with trackpad and touch id keyboard. Anyone else?

Ismelito

macrumors member
May 25, 2008
Are you seeing any issues with MS Teams screensharing? I have no issues with MS Teams calls, except screensharing doesn't work.
Same here. I tried on both Teams and Teams Classic and screen sharing simply doesn't work :/ I've tried to reinstall it and everything but no luck so far. Let's hope Beta 2 solves this and that it is released soon.

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Not sure if it is too early to tell, can any one confirm if Indecent screen zoom is optional or is it forced like it is on Sonoma? Had to downgrade to Ventura because there was ono way to turn it off

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
I did, no luck.

However-I did try making a new account, and while the cursor issue is still present on Chrome/Edge, it seems to disappear with Safari. Not sure if this would reflect in the main account just yet.
I have tried Messages, but so far it's not working, but taking forever to sync with iCloud. I will test once that's done, but a few test messages didn't send
Wanted to close the loop here:

I ended up doing a fresh install of Sequoia, and both of my issues (flickering cursor on secondary screen, and inability to send through Messages) resolved.
I started reinstalling some apps that I use, and I found when I installed Cloudflare WARP, my inability to send messages was back. Turned it off again, and Messages is working.
Not sure if it is technically an incompatibility, or a settings thing, but that was one of the very first reinstalled utilities, and I was able to repeat/resolve my issues

Nrkazmi

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2019
One problem with developer beta 1 that i noted is that the background replace option only appears for certain webcams like Logitech Brio and Logitech stream but when I attach my Sony A6100 via camlink then the option for background is not there at all. Same goes for Iphone 15 pro max as well, when attached via contninuity camera, the background option is not there

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
One update for me: the flickering/trailing cursor remains on the secondary screen, with browsers like Microsoft Edge, or Chrome. Doesn't appear with Safari.
I am not using any other app for display (previous use of BetterDisplay). I have few utility apps installed

fiftofar

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
Australia
Sounds frustrating, sorry about that. Hope you get to sort this out soon 🙏
I ended up having to get the main logic board replaced, Apple was unable to recover the bricked unit.
Picked up the repair yesterday.

Holding off on running the beta for a little while at least as I have no warranty and no AppleCare+, I doubt Apple would help me out again.

I appreciate the reply!

Reactions: HuNay

kylevon

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
I'm running the beta both in my Mac Mini M1 and my Macbook Pro M3 Pro.

In both computers there are some apps that ask for permissions several times a day, usually when the Mac wakes up from sleep: AltTab and the Jump Desktop server thingy (I don't remember the name). The screen has a "Continue allowing" button, but it's quite annoying.

I filed a feedback, but I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem.

View attachment 2390543

same problem here on beta2, it's really annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.