Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
My iPhone mirroring app doesn't seem to load on my laptop. Am I doing something wrong?

I updated my iP15 Plus to iOs 18 Developer Beta last night and still no joy.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Ok working now, I updated the laptop software and restarted. Very handy app especially whilst working etc. Great for productivity.

rehkram

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2018
upstate NY
I used the mirroring function today, blocking spam calls, of which I get several a day. Blocking them all on the phone once a day was taking three times longer than blocking them from the Mac using mirroring. Excellent.

Last edited:

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
I wish I could make the window larger. And switch to landscape.

I can finally uninstall Signal and WhatsApp from my Mac.

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

avro707

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2010
My iPhone mirroring app doesn't seem to load on my laptop. Am I doing something wrong?

I updated my iP15 Plus to iOs 18 Developer Beta last night and still no joy.

It took me multiple attempts to get it started. Lockong, unlocking phone, putting computer passwords in, etc.

Eventually it started.

I’m just not sure it is really much use for me.

Maybe if I wanted to demo an iPhone app under development perhaps but then screen sharing doesn’t work in Sequoia 15B2.

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
Available and working in UK
Yes here in UK working for m too. I keep accidentally mirroring by tapping on the notifications that are also mirrored. It took a while to find the little extension at the top for closing the mirror and for accessing the home screen.
I can see this may be useful if I crack my phone screen and want to Erase all before having it fixed. Would need to be set up in advance I guess.
I don't really see this as AI, it's surely a simple wireless connection, same as having phone connect to Finder when on Wi-fi. So why not available in EU?

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
When the phone was downstairs it could not find it, out of BT range I guess.
As someone asked earlier, I cant seem to find a way to access Control Panel (SE 3)

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
I don't know. I'd assume the UK would be fine (brexit and all) but I haven't kept track of whether UK folks have it working.
Yes it does. But as UK are about to change government, who knows, but the proposed British version of DMA could be even more crippling to Apple than the EU version. With the $30 billion fine from EU it would not surprise me if Apple stopped selling phones in Europe totally.

Camperniki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
From your iPhone, go to
Settings > General > AirPlay & Continuity > iPhone Mirroring to pick which Macs can use iPhone Mirroring

View attachment 2391652 View attachment 2391649 View attachment 2391648 View attachment 2391650 View attachment 2391651 View attachment 2391653 View attachment 2391654

Some notes:
- The first time you use it, you have to trust your Mac as if you were using old school iTunes sync
- Option to require password/Touch ID on Mac to access mirroring or “automatically authenticate”
- Click the home indicator to go back to the home screen (no need to click and drag to simulate a swipe up)
- No drag and drop file transfers (yet). This has been confirmed delayed by Apple
- iPhone remains locked while mirroring session is in progress. Unlocking iPhone terminates the session until relocked and Try Again is clicked on Mac

Long story short, if you’ve used Simulator in Xcode, this will feel very familiar with a few small tweaks.
So weird. When I try to set up, it gives me the first screen you show (and iPhone shows mac under the mirroring setting). I click continue twice and a message pops up so fast I can't read it then it goes back to the second continue screen. Can't figure out what I'm missing or why it's not connecting 😞

flexwithmarius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2022
So weird. When I try to set up, it gives me the first screen you show (and iPhone shows mac under the mirroring setting). I click continue twice and a message pops up so fast I can't read it then it goes back to the second continue screen. Can't figure out what I'm missing or why it's not connecting 😞
Requirements:
- Apple Silicon or T2 chip
- Two factor authentication on with both devices signed into the same Apple ID
- Wifi and Bluetooth on (and in bluetooth range)

Meeting all those requirements?

Beta 3 just dropped today. Try updating and see if that resolves your issue.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Beta 3 just dropped today. Try updating and see if that resolves your issue.
weird, it's not mentioned here (this forum), but it is mentioned on a few sites. and no sign of it in software update...

EDIT: ah, lol.... you mean the ios 18 beta 3....

EDIT2: and then 20 minutes later... sequoia, beta 3 ☺️

Last edited:
Reactions: flexwithmarius

Pegoto

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
iPhone mirroring used to work fine for me but recently I get the error that iPhone Microphone in Use, so it cannot connect. I updated to Beta 3 on both phone and Mac, still the same problem. I don't have any microphone items active on the iPhone and I don't have the indicator on the iPhone either showing that the Mic is in use. Any ideas?

Edit: It fixed itself as it is working today.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I'm not sure if this is a planned feature, or if it's possible a third party can make it.

I think it would be nice if I could 'pin' one of my iPhone apps in the launchpad or on the Mac dock, or wherever else. To quickly open Journal for example, I'd have a shortcut in my dock that'll launch iPhone Mirroring and open that Journal app directly.

It kind of seems like the functionality is already here. Clicking on a notification on the Mac from the iPhone does exactly this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.