Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HJM.NL

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2016
Netherlands
android phones are wowing customers? hmmm, I barely know anyone that owns one. Maybe it's true for those few that actually use android. We've hit peak smart phone. What more can be done? or should be done?
Peak smartphone? lol, there is a big list Android is already offering that Apple still has to touch. Ram, screens, cameras. Android is big in Europe and the rest of the world. I even saw a report that Samsung sold more phones than Apple in the USA. I don’t know in which cave you live if you barely know anyone that owns/uses an android. There are plenty!

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Peak smartphone? lol, there is a big list Android is already offering that Apple still has to touch. Ram, screens, cameras. Android is big in Europe and the rest of the world. I even saw a report that Samsung sold more phones than Apple in the USA. I don’t know in which cave you live if you barely know anyone that owns/uses an android. There are plenty!
That’s the thing thousands more android phones are out compared to iPhones.

guy must be American and that’s all he sees.

Reactions: HJM.NL

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
It takes a long press to activate the Action button.

I like the new button as the old mute switch was useless. I always turned it to mute and then never changed it until I got rid of the phone.
With me I use the mute switch a few times a day so for me it is very useful.

Reactions: Tagbert

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Android is used by the majority of smartphone users Worldwide. We are in the minority using iPhones btw.
Correct, I believe Android makes up something like 70% worldwide currently. Only in the US is it close to 50/50.

Last edited:

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
Interestingly now that there is 13 vs 16 the 13 was the last from the series (US) with a sim tray. Many American consumers are oblivious to it because in comparison to other markets few per capita even have passports and may not understand the late sim tray deficit. Ready to buy the 14 right after the introduction, I sourced a NOS 13 pro.

The above comparison in question lacks this key difference, the US market without a SIM card. This, despite a number of pro advocacy e-sim arguments actually has significant implications. So as the 16 goes, Apple should give the US market a choice instead of forcing the “sealed” nonsense, unless of course they will step back this time and stop insulting the (some) American consumers.

Reactions: brgjoe

HJM.NL

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2016
Netherlands
That’s the thing thousands more android phones are out compared to iPhones.

guy must be American and that’s all he sees.
Even when he’s American. I can’t imagine he doesn’t know people using Android because the majority of people even in the USA use them. Besides that… Samsung sold more phones than Apple in the USA according to the latest reports. Not to forget the google pixel phones 🤔. Maybe he’s living in an applestore and never comes outside 😅

Reactions: The Game 161

Rossmon

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Marin County
Actually, I’ve found myself using USB-C for file transfer much more frequently than I expected to. It turns out that it’s super useful for exchanging files between my PC and my Android devices with my phone. No need to juggle multiple Dropbox log-ins or anything like that, just use a USB A thumb drive or USB A SD card reader and a USB A to USB C adapter.
Excellent points, My 13 pro works fine, has all the speed needed to feel current and provides a great photo tool!

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I've had every single gen of iPhone since 2007, but didn't upgrade the past 2 years and am still very happy with my 13 Pro. Intent had been to jump to the 16 Pro in a few months (being a 3 year upgrade), but heck, if not really noticeably better, I may just opt to get the battery replaced (since down to 82%) and keep going with the 13 Pro.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Still love my 13 Pro Max, it still works great! I grabbed a lot of video, RAW photos yesterday (which is still darn good quality in 2024 IMO).

USB-C would be a huge, nice upgrade when it comes to transferring these files to my iMac. The Lightning transfer is just painful at times, like yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.