dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
axyoung9022
join:2024-06-29

axyoung9022

[Internet] Giga Hub Local Wi-Fi Home Network Glitch

Individual computer can connect to Bell Giga Hub Gateway then access to Internet. Any computer on Wi-Fi also can communicate to computers on Giga Hub Ethernet. However Computers on Bell Giga Hub Local Wi-Fi Home Network can not communicate each other. Using Windows Command "ARP -a" , MAC Addresses of other computers on Wi-Fi are not listed. So Bell Giga Hub Wi-Fi must have restricted sending MAC addresses to other computers during ARP request, thus it can not work on address resolutions . This is the bug in Bell Giga Hub.
silvestro
join:2023-08-11

silvestro

said by axyoung9022:

This is the bug in Bell Giga Hub.

APs and wireless routers frequently have an option to isolate wireless clients so they cannot communicate with each other. I personally disable anything like that. Can't comment as to whether this is intentional or a bug.

Admiral Mike
join:2005-12-20
Hamilton, ON

Admiral Mike to axyoung9022

to axyoung9022
said by axyoung9022:

Individual computer can connect to Bell Giga Hub Gateway then access to Internet. Any computer on Wi-Fi also can communicate to computers on Giga Hub Ethernet. However Computers on Bell Giga Hub Local Wi-Fi Home Network can not communicate each other. Using Windows Command "ARP -a" , MAC Addresses of other computers on Wi-Fi are not listed. So Bell Giga Hub Wi-Fi must have restricted sending MAC addresses to other computers during ARP request, thus it can not work on address resolutions . This is the bug in Bell Giga Hub.

You said Wi-Fi can communicate to ethernet. Then said Bell Giga Hub Local Wi-Fi Home Network cannot.

What is Bell Giga Hub Local Wi-Fi Home Network?

If you are references the Guest wifi you can enable then this is not a bug but by design.
axyoung9022

axyoung9022

said by Admiral Mike:

If you are references the Guest wifi you can enable then this is not a bug but by design.

It occurs on PRIMARY Wi-Fi network.
alpovs
join:2009-08-08

alpovs to axyoung9022

to axyoung9022
It seems like it is a bug. I found a similar discussion: »www.reddit.com/r/bell/co ··· _on_the/
Someone mentioned that turning off the 6 GHz band resolves it. I am surprised that this hasn't been fixed yet. That link link if from last year. What's your firmware version?
axyoung9022

axyoung9022

said by alpovs:

What's your firmware version?

Flashed into my Giga Hub currently, The Firmware version: 1.19.6

Some new customers have Firmware version: 2.11, which may fix the bug.