All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
joshh20
join:2012-12-19
ARRIS SB6183

joshh20

[Reliability] Normal packet loss with Armstrong?

Click for full size
Armstrong Packet Loss
I wonder if others are getting consistent packet loss on their Armstrong cable connections. Whenever I run a trace on PingPlotter or SmokePing on DSLR, it shows around 1% packet loss. When playing online games, I notice a lot of dropped packets based on the in-game notifications, and some teleporting/stuttering while playing.

What I would like to know is: Is this typical for Armstrong, or are others not having any packet loss? For reference, I'm on Zoom II with an Arris SB6183. Hardwired directly to the modem or wired directly to the router seems to make no difference. I have long given up hope on contacting Armstrong for a fix, as their phone support is next to useless when it comes to troubleshooting.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Mineral Ridge, OH

dslwanter

Premium Member

How do your modem stats look? Any interference on the channels?
joshh20
join:2012-12-19
ARRIS SB6183

joshh20

Click for full size
This is with 5 days of uptime on the modem.

dslwanter
22 years on this site
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Mineral Ridge, OH
·Armstrong
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP

dslwanter

Premium Member

Uncorrectables mean those packets were so distorted that the ctms and modem couldn't do error correction. Call them and don't mention packet loss, tell them you think there's some interference. They're probably saying they don't see anything on their network when you call, but noise on one or more channels will cause packet loss.