Search similar:

uniqs

Anon4c6b2
@mcgill.ca

Anon4c6b2

Anon

Info configuration ADSL2+ / VDSL Modem Router SmartRG SR505N

Hi there,

I am not very good with all of these routers/modem so I will try to be as clear as I can.

I changed my internet plan from Bell to AEI on a ADSL line. I purchased an used Modem Router SmartRG SR505N but I am having an hard time configuring it.

In the browser's address bar I entered the IP address for the modem interface (192.168.1.1.). I tried to enter the default username/password admin/admin without success...I tried the username/password of the person who sold me the modem but it did not work. I tried to reset the SmartRG SR505N but it did not work either, I can not access the router configuration panel.

I think the SmartRG SR505N is configured as bridge since I think I am using the internet connection of the person who sold me the modem.

AEI support suggests to buy another SmartRG SR505N modem from them, I was wondering if there might be something else I could try before.

Thanks,
Marco

EdT
join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

EdT

You should be able to reset it to the factory router mode.
Turn on your modem, insert paperclip or tooth pick and press/hold the reset button for at least 30-45 seconds until the power LED starts turning red and release and wait 2 minutes before entering the web interface at 192.168.1.1. Make sure your PC's IP/TCP settings is also set to the same subnet; IP: 192.168.1.2, Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
zx82
join:2017-06-07

zx82 to Anon4c6b2

to Anon4c6b2
Did you get it to work? I'm in the same boat...debating whether a firmware update will help but not sure if a firmware from Teksavvy would work or not.

EdT
join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

EdT

You cannot update the firmware if you can't access the GUI Menu ! I would rather update with SmartRG's factory firmware. Teksavvy's firmware is just a preconfigured version of it with Teksavvy's logo imprinted on it.