Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Bad battery life

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 10:19 PM)
Felix67
Active Level 3
Options
Support
Ever since my S22Ultra came out from Service center at PS and had been using since Sunday,  I tried a few ways to save the battery no improvement,  last resort is to switch 60Hz. Any advise?
15 Comments
crs34
Active Level 3
Support
Hey there, you may consider trying out this method, which is entering the Android recovery mode.

Here are the steps:
1. Power off your S22 Ultra.
2. Connect your S22 Ultra to the PC/Mac, or insert a pair of USB-C earphones into the USB-C port.
3. Hold the power + volume up keys simultaneously until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears.
4. Once the Samsung Galaxy logo appears, release all the buttons.
5. When you see the Android robot, you will enter Android's recovery mode.
6. Use the volume down key until the 'Wipe cache partition' option is highlighted.
7. Select this option with the power button and select 'Yes' on the next screen with the power key.
8. The Android revcovery mode will then wipe the cache partition. You should see 'Wiping cache...' and then 'Cache wipe complete...'.
9. Select 'Reboot system now' with the power key once the cache partition is wiped.

That's it. Your S22 Ultra should boot up normally and take you to the lock screen. This will not wipe any user data (aka no factory data reset). I've tried this method on my S20+ multiple times and the battery life had some improvments.

Hope this helps. If you find this method useful, you may click on the 3 dots and press 'Accept solution'. Thank you.
Felix67
Active Level 3
Support
Thanks will try out
crs34
Active Level 3
Support
How's the battery life so far after wiping the cache partition?
Felix67
Active Level 3
Support
Have not done yet, probably do it after my final testing by using 60Hz tomorrow
crs34
Active Level 3
Support
Ok noted. Hopefully after learning usage patterns the battery life will become better day by day.
Felix67
Active Level 3
Support
Yup, appreciated your advise