Original topic:

American Express cards not working in Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch6

(Topic created on: 06-17-2024 07:34 AM)
mikmik16
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
I use two AMEX cards in Samsung Pay on my phone since a long time, but I recently tried to add both Mastercards and AMEX cards on my new Watch6. The Mastercards worked perfectly, but not the AMEX ones.

When trying to add AMEX cards, two issues are possible: either the card never finishes the activation, or if it finishes it, the NFC never enables when selecting it on the watch.

I deleted and re-added the AMEX cards many time, I tried to restart watch after adding them, to reset the watch, to reinstall wallet plug-in for watch on the phone... Nothing works.

I also contacted AMEX customer service to get help, but they say that the cards shows as being activated and functional for both phone and watch in their systems, so they think that's an issue on Samsung's side.

One last thing: I switched to Google Pay and the AMEX cards work on both the phone and the watch. So as long as the issue is not solved, I won't switch back to Samsung Pay.
12 Comments
silbie123
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Hmmm that's odd! I added my Amex to watch 6 recently. 🤔
Maybe check if your watch app is updated to latest version.
0 Likes
mikmik16
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
I tried to update it too but it said last version is installed.

When seleting the card on the watch, does it begin to vibrate and showing to get the watch near the payment terminal? It does it when selecting my Mastercards but no vibrations or message when selecting AMEX cards.
0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Sorry for late reply. I just tried it after work when I got home. Yes, it works.
I did have issues importing my Amex card. Try adding it from scratch manually via watch pay.
mikmik16
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Thanks for your help. I deleted my Samsung Pay profile and re-added everything from scratch. Now it works! What a strange issue I had...
silbie123
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Yay! Glad it worked! I had issues importing my Amex so I started from scratch and it worked! 😀🙂
Helenna
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi mikmik16, we apologize for the buggy experience.

Please Clear the cache or reset the app and check that you use the latest version of the Samsung wallet app.

Thank you.

0 Likes
mikmik16
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
As a "moderator", you should read carefully the posts before giving scripted responses. I already wrote above that I checked the version and it was the latest. Also, I already tried the steps you suggest.
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Duly noted.
From my professional experience this is the main difference between Helpdesk (scripted responses) vs Service Desk Analyst!
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Wow!
I think I hit a personal sensitive nerve here. Not enough to be suspended or banned, but my comment regarding the difference between Helpdesk vs. Service Desk Analyst was removed.

FYI I have 4 yrs as a helpdesk representative spanning 3 major international corporations and 17yrs as a service desk analyst which I can PROvE via LinkedIn profile as well as emails from all! So I have a LOT of stake in my experience as I origi ally stated.

Funny I congratulated Helena thr moderator twice before in the past 4 mths woth accurate replies in other threads but my personal experience gets wrongfully removed. Hmmm.

How people forget what you do for then. Interesting @Mikmik16 post wasn't deleted when it's equally critical and direct NOT based on his own opinion by reading it. Hmmm 1718678281039.jpg