Original topic:

"3 months free" Paybright/Affirm SCAM

(Topic created on: 05-16-2024 03:21 PM)
jong866
Active Level 1
Options
Promotions
In 2023 there was a promo where if you pre-ordered the Galaxy Book 3 pro 360 on a 36 month financing term with PayBright, you'd receive 3 months free. 

1. Nowhere can you find any confirmation of this offer even ever existing anywhere online anymore.

2. At the time of purchase it did not explain HOW you'd get the three months free anywhere. 

3. There are no disclaimers or warnings that you have to leave the agreement open for the entire term to get the three free payments. If you pay it off early apparently you forfeit the promotion and you don't get any refund for the 3 payments.

I only found out today after coming into money in January and deciding to pay off ALL my debts, I was like hey how does this work. Nothing about it in any emails. Conveniently nothing mentioned on any of my sales receipts from Samsung, or paybright. I opened a case with Samsung. Fast forward 5 months of being ignored, bounced around and told that my query has been escalated.... I emailed them back and told them I'm taking this to the Better Business Bureau, and received an email back that as part of the promotion the final 3 payments would be waived.

I generally don't miss details, and definitely don't see this being mentioned anywhere. 

DO NOT USE PAYBRIGHT/AFFIRM WITH SAMSUNG AS THEY WONT MAKE GOOD ON THEIR PROMOTION OF 3 FREE PAYMENTS IF YOU PAY IT OFF EARLY. 

Ugh.
4 Comments
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Promotions
***, sorry to hear this, and I fully agree not to trust Paybright!

The good thing is you're not in debt with them, and thus with Samsung, so give yourself a pat on the back for that, especially in this financial environment overall!

On point 2 above I guess its just with personal experience, even pessimistic, that if I hear a promise from a company I want to see proof of that in print - or online.

I have a habit of copying URLs with such, as well as screenshots - very helpful when such statements/promises need to be disputed, and taken to the The Better Business Bureau of Canada. Something to consider if you do find evidence of that agreement (maybe in ur email potentially).

Good looking out for the community!

I wish PayBright was not used by cellular providers and manufacturers for warranty returns and upgrade deals - I get there are some tax benefits to do so.

Until then if anyone can I recommend dealing directly with the source whenever possible.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Promotions

Hi, we feel very really sad to hear this issue from you and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that they are both handled by different teams. Affirm (formerly known as Pay Bright) is one of Canada’s leading installment payment providers.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Samsung. Please accept our sincerest of apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

0 Likes
jong866
Active Level 1
Promotions
Not like samsung has been willing at all to honour the promotion either... if samsung was truly sorry they'd make it right...
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Promotions

Hi, we certainly understand your disappointment on this. However, when you opt for 36 months Plan you will get 3 Months free.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Live Chat support by visiting the below Samsung Canada Support site: 

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

You can also reach us through Text We Care (932273) for instant support.

Thank you.

0 Likes