Original topic:

Monitor shutting off when computer is turned off

(Topic created on: 06-19-2024 05:56 PM)
parnless
Beginner Level 2
Options
Monitor

I just purchased and hooked up a model F27T352FHN monitor.  I need to know if this monitor will automatically power off when I turn off my computer.  I know how to manually turn off the monitor but if I do then I can't see on the screen to properly turn off the computer.  If I turn off the monitor correctly then I don't know if the power is off to the monitor.  Anyone know the answer to this question?

3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Monitor

Hi, we are sorry to hear this issue from you. Your monitor should only turn on and off when you want it to, and not on its own. When this happens, there usually isn't anything wrong with the monitor itself. A defective power cord or outlet is the most likely culprit.

If you're using a surge protector, try plugging the power cord directly into the wall instead. You can also test the outlet by plugging in another device (like a lamp) to see if it works.

0 Likes
parnless
Beginner Level 2
Monitor

I wanted to know if the monitor actually shuts off when I turn off the desktop computer.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Monitor

If the power source for the monitor is the computer, then turning off the computer should turn off the monitor as well. 

If the monitor has an independent power supply, then you will have to turn it off separately. 

0 Likes