Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Installing of 3rd party screen protectors on Inner Screen.

(Topic created on: 01-09-2023 01:21 AM)
Blacketick
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I was just wondering if doing the abovementioned subject voids warranty and the purchased Samsungcare+? I've asked one of the representatives at Causeway Point Samsung store and was told that it wouldn't, unless you screwed up on the application of the screen protector or somehow the screen protector damages the screen.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy Z
Hi...

Understand your consent, but if u already prepared to buy Samsungcare+ why still bother about other 3rd party screen protector as Samsung their original protector r still the best as it from them...

What I would suggest is maybe u try other protector only after the Samsungcare+ warranty is finish so that u won't waste the money u buy Samsungcare+...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the top right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and this might potentially be a solution to help others too...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!
Solution
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, using 3rd party screen protectors won't void the basic warranty and Care+. If u still have Care+, u will be qualified for a free 1 time replacement.

If u have purchased an additional year of Care+, u will be entitled to 2 times of free replacement within the Care+ coverage.
geekzmotech
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Sharing base on my experiences. Send 2 Z devices before. What I noticed is Service Centre personnel will definitely do a quick assessment to evaluate if device are deem fit for warranty replacements. Both my devices have 3rd party Matte/Anti glare screen protector *add-on which was remove before heading down to Service Centre. So fear not but do remember to remove 3rd party before heading down no matter what the repair purposes will be.
Blacketick
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
This is a key point also. Thank you so much for sharing!
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Good advice. To avoid any misunderstanding that the 3rd party protector causes the damage.