Original topic:

Why is Samsung's Customer Service so bad?

(Topic created on: 02-20-2024 02:01 PM)
SaltyAd
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My experience with Samsung customer service, specifically in Singapore, had always been horrible.

Of course we need to first acknowledge that I wouldn't need to go to the customer service to begin with if the phones were actually any good in quality. Ive had a variety of issues with most of my Samsung phones over the years. This year with my S24 Ultra, I had a grainy display, dead/stuck pixel, scratch on one of my camera lenses out of the box, and a mark on the camera itself (albeit cosmetic) after replacement of the back glass panel.

This brings me to my point on how Samsung Singapore’s customer service and repairs are subpar in my opinion. More often than not, my phones have always been returned in a semi-functioning state after repair. For example, the most common issue ive experienced is poor resealing of the phone which results in essentially non-existent water resistance after repair. Even using the "repaired" phone in the rain has resulted in death of the phone.

This time, after repairing my phone due to the cosmetic scratch on my lens, they left a mark on the outer part of the inside camera, although this is also cosmetic. However, after spending so much money on this phone, you'd expect a perfect phone. Instead, the S24 Ultra was rigged with defects out of the box. It can be noted that this is also a Vietnam manufactured handset.

Days after repairing the phone, like many others who have a S24 Ultra, I noticed the display was grainy while using it at low brightness in my room. I also noticed a dead/stuck pixel or a few on the screen.

Being fed up by the poor quality and multiple issues of the phone out of the box, and being traumatised by the quality of Samsung Singapore’s repair quality at this point, I argued with the service centre for a 1 for 1 replacement of the phone. I made it a point for them to escalate the case and have the technicians or managers contact me if they had a problem with my request.

At this point, I'm so tired of Samsung’s abysmal after sales services that I'm considering jumping ship to another brand, despite using Samsung phones for over a decade. The S Pen was what made me hold on to the Note and S22 Ultra. It might be time that I realised the benefits of having a good quality phone out of the box with good after sales service, over a stylus.
1 Comment
awojcie1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Samsung's Customer Service is terrible.

I purchased 3 very expensive 75" and 85" TVs that were damaged during delivery. Now Samsung customer service will not even respond. I escalated to CEO email and they finally assigned Jhon from level 3 support but he has been absolutely useless just like all previous contacts with Samsun Customer Care. I will have the credit card handle it as disputed charge but I highly suggest staying away from Samsung products.

0 Likes