Original topic:

Vertical green and pink line after software update

(Topic created on: 08-15-2022 09:05 PM)
Hemsan
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung really needs to look into what is causing the pink and green lines after updates to most S20 series device especially, and stop asking affected customers to pay for Lcd replacement as the device is out of warranty. 
10 Comments
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Did u do the latest software update? I did not
0 Likes
Hemsan
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes the problem occured after software update, wrote to samsung but they are just trying to ignore it.
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
So unfair to all affected users
Need to pay a few hundreds when we did not cause such a problem. That said... 3 updates within 2 months is usual. Best not to proceed with any updates for now
Galaxy S
The S20 series has this display issue. You will be able to find many comments and similar experiences from other users in many forums.

Based on my observation, it seems to be an inherent issue with the S20 series, and not so much of a software update issue. This is because the many comments range from 2020 to 2022. As such, it doesn't seem to be a specific update causing this issue, but rather, a hardware issue.

My S20 encountered the same issue too, but went away after a few soft reset attempts (pressing and holding down both the VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons for about 10 seconds).

You may try that to see if it helps. All the best!
Dadalim
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Well... Here it comes to my fold 2....one green line right in the middle of my external screen.... Came a few days after update... No drop phone... Nothing... It just come out of no where.... Now i hate samsung every single time i look at my phone.... Warranty ended 2 mths ago...
0 Likes
nrlasyqin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi ! It happens to me too ! Can i check with you, how much did they asked you to pay for it?
0 Likes
Hemsan
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
$390
0 Likes
nrlasyqin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Nonsense ! Its their phone system fault but we have to pay that much? Thats the lowest amount they cn offer?
0 Likes
Hemsan
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No use writing to the CEO too.
0 Likes