Original topic:

Screen issue with s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 01-31-2024 11:21 AM)
k18542
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone facing issue where half of the notification bar is yellow and the screen has a yellow tint to it?

This happened before the one ui update, and did not get better with with update.

Although this can be mitigated by changing to standard refresh rate, there is still some minor discolouration of the screen. 

My phone is only one and a half years and warranty has expired

9 Comments
Sounthar
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think I don't to update 😒
0 Likes
omegasupreme
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The exact same thing happened to my unit. After 2 months using standard refresh rate the screen completely blacked out. It would take too long for samsung to repair (1 week) and my warranty was with starshield from challenger sg (rubbish service don't bother) which said it would take 3 -4 weeks. No courtesy phone.

I had to go to a mobile shop which did the replacement in 45mins. $300+
0 Likes
HamRager
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I got this issue close to end of my warranty, Samsung replaced for free. I think this batch of phone got issues. You can bring to Samsung service centre, will need to pay but they will change the frame and the battery at the same time. So like new phone at repair cost.
k18542
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Haha lucky that your warranty haven expired! Mine is way too far away from the end of warranty period!
0 Likes
ParelHasan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
How much was your cost bro??? And service center location?
0 Likes
HamRager
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Mine was free cuz warranty period. Book appointment on Samsung website, can choose location.
0 Likes
ParelHasan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Brother my one's warranty was expired on last November,, i am in Singapore and i brought this from here,if i going to replace screen how much they cost me?
0 Likes
HamRager
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Go service centre ask lor. Make appointment doesn't mean accept service.
0 Likes
k18542
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Mine is out of warranty and I went down to the service centre at vivo city. Paid $54.50 (for labour and evaluation cost).

Their technician assessed that my phone has no water damage and no intentional damage, no tempering. And they did a free screen replacement for me.

On top of that they replaced the aluminium frame and the battery for free as well.

Collected the phone within 5 business days and I sent it back in for trade in to s24 ultra. Got the maximum trade in value of 965bucks.
0 Likes