Original topic:

GREEN LINE ISSUE FOR MY SAMSUNG S21

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 05:02 PM)
Dudu-Pig
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Repair prices for Samsung in Singapore surprised me. In my case, with my Samsung Galaxy S21, purchased two years ago and now out of warranty, I encountered a green line issue after updating to the new version of OneUI. I went to the Samsung Service Centre at Singapore, and the service centre quoted me SGD260++ for a new screen, which I found shocking, so I decided not to proceed with the repair.

After visiting the service centre, I called the customer service hotline to double-check the price. The lady who answered advised me to return to the service centre. Upon researching online, I discovered many Samsung users facing the same green line issue after updates, possibly due to the update causing hardware overheating and screen damage.

My brother's Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, bought in Malaysia, also had the green line issue. However, Samsung Malaysia fixed it free of charge, even out of warranty. The staff explained that many users faced this issue post-update, leading Samsung to address it at no cost. I am disappointed that Singapore Samsung did not adopt a similar approach and instead suggested a costly screen replacement of SGD260++. This high cost makes me feel that Samsung is not a user-friendly brand in Singapore.
16 Comments
Galaxy S
Go those phone shop outside to repair it it will be cheaper...

Samsung Malaysia is change the screen for free but got charge for workmanship and think it only last until end of this month
s21with7lines
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i went down to the sercice centre for the same issue and was told that free screen replacement service was only available for S20, note 20 and s22 ultra series. the free replacement dor s21 ended on 1st march 2024. it is illogical that s21 is excluded since the issue is noted in both its processor and successor.
Raf123
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I just went to their repair centre at lowyat shopping centre in Kuala Lumpur. They quoted me the price of rm850 when there was a free screen replacement programme that was supposed to run til 31st March 2024 (today is 20th March 2024). They said the programmed ended yesterday. I wasted my time for nothing.

for such a widespread problem that can only mean bad quality control on Samsung’s side, this programme should be running till at least end of this year.

Samsung betrayed my trust twice and this only seals my decision to leave this brand forever for it doesn’t care about its customers has bad customer service. 

how can devices that are sold for over rm5k have such widespread problem and not covered by the manufacturer? Sayonara Samsung. 

JeremiahTL
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Absurd! 😡👎
The green line is cause by the OS update, and to fix this mess, SAMSUNG is asking us to pay for the damage that they did to our owned phones.
It's totally ridiculous!
This is the end for me. 😮💨
JeremiahTL
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have bought S21 ULTRA and S22 ULTRA! My S21 ULTRA already started to have this green line.
Is my S22 Ultra, next?
I am FCKED Then!😫😤😡👎
Abhil
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
S22 ultra also have this issue
samsunghater
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I had the same issues for my 3 year S21. Let all condemn and dont buy samsung anymore.
boycottsamsung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My S21 5G also has got thr green line immediately after the update. Called Samsung, they said I need to pay to get it check at the service centre and since it has passed the warranty period, I will need to pay for the screen replacement which cost a couple of hundreds. Seem to me that it's a way they force users to either buy a new phone or to get it repaired. Either way they still make the money unless you change to another brand which I will be doing.
kannina
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Absolutely rubbish from Samsung
Called the SG service centred and total quoted almost 300 sgd. Shopee selling for 410 -- first time this issue happens ans samsung is just handling it horribly