Original topic:

S24 ultra grainy in low light ( especially with darker backgronds)

(Topic created on: 02-17-2024 05:11 AM)
FATE_N1NJ8
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone else facing the same issue with grainy screen on dark backgrounds? Also is there any problems with pixels lighting up the correct colour at times?( supposed to be black but lights up grey for awhile)

Update: went to the service centre. Had them check, they agreed with the grainy screen. However I was told there is nothing they can do about it, they said if they were to replace the screen it'll probably have the same grainy screen. Was advised to write to samsung for feedback and try to come back awhile later.

Clearly samsung messed up the screens of the s24 ultra( not sure about 24/24+). Though is hardly noticeable unless brightness all the way down, it's still disappointing that such a high caliber phone will have such defects we haven't heard of since the early 2000s. 

9 Comments
Bryan2424
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same 🫠
0 Likes
FATE_N1NJ8
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Going to service centre tommore to inquire, will update
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
it is expected. i saw a youtuber (from taiwan) review having the same remark. so there is nothing wrong with the screen. probably it is the side effect of the less-reflecting new screen type
FATE_N1NJ8
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I doubt that this is expected, I knew most of the s24 U have this effect but how can a flagship have such a screen affect in 2024. This effect is most likely something called Mura, where the pixels are struggling to light up the sam brightness. This shows how the display isn't at top level.
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
this is the first time lesser reflective screen type is on mass market. and what product did you use to base on for comparison for you to make such remark?
0 Likes
FATE_N1NJ8
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You just hvaw to turn the brightness down and look at it, even the service centre agreen with me, it is definitely a defect and not intended. If you compare any phone before at the same dim brightness levels, the older phones show a much clearly and non grainy screen. The grainy display shouldn't be because of the anti reflective screen, the anti reflective part should be from the glass and not the pixels it self. Even if it is from thr pixels, I wouldn't want a slightly less reflective screen at the cost of the quality of the display.

May I also ask if you have the s24 ultra, if you do in dark areas and very low screen brightness. Is there no grainy screen for you?
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
older phone doesn't has because it wasn't using the new type of screen.

sorry i don't have s24 ultra. but youtubers had brought this up. and it's happening on s24 series. how can it be defect elsewhere too even in taiwan, and US side?

https://youtu.be/LO-tmUhhYhU?si=VmfOBavQ-cG80xiz at abt 5mins 10 secs onwards

https://youtu.be/hK76mmrBkJM?si=ABxD2Ib_1JWu7-dm ar abt 3mins 30 secs
0 Likes
FATE_N1NJ8
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes I know it is happening across all s24s but I still don't think it is meant for it to happen. The anti reflective is again, on the glass of the screen and not the pixels itself. It seems like their screen itself this year has some hardware issues
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
then the technical part i am not sure
0 Likes