Original topic:

Over-Heating issue

(Topic created on: 07-12-2024 07:35 AM)
VIDIT03
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After I updated my phone to 6.1 I have noticed my phone starts heating up even ifI just unlock the screen and don't do anything on it. It gets so hot if I'm using my phone just for 10-15 minutes. Also it's battery is draining quickly due to that. 
0 Likes
3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi VIDIT03,

We are sorry to hear that your'e experiencing this issue after the update.

Have you tried performing Wipe cache partition on your device? If not, please perform and see if it helps.

1.Turn off the device.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key

3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.

5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. 6. Press Power key to select.

7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you wipe your cache partition, it removes any temporary files that may be causing some issues with your device, all of your personal files and settings will not be affected when you wipe cache partition.

Here are some additional steps you can take to address the heating problem:

1. Check Background Apps: Make sure that there are no excessive background apps running on your device, as they can contribute to increased heat generation. Close any unnecessary apps running in the background.

2. Update Software: Ensure that your device's software is up to date. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes and optimizations that can improve device performance and reduce overheating.

3. Limit Intensive Tasks: Avoid using resource-intensive apps or performing tasks that put a heavy load on your device, such as gaming or streaming high-definition videos, for extended periods, as these activities can lead to increased heat generation.

4. Optimize Settings: Adjust your device's settings to optimize performance and reduce heat generation. For example, lower the screen brightness, disable features like Always On Display when not in use, and limit background data usage.

Also, we request you to share the log file. This will help us to further investigate and resolve this issue.

To attach the log file: Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Thank you.

0 Likes
VIDIT03
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have tried these all steps, and still continuing facing the issue. Thanks for your help though.
0 Likes
VIDIT03
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've already tried all these methods, that's why I'm here looking for something else I have not tried
0 Likes