Original topic:

My phone rings at odd hours without any reason

(Topic created on: 07-29-2021 07:10 AM)
Mythi
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
There's no caller on the sim, no WhatsApp, viber or Skype or any other call . there's no notifiaction from any app.
I changed notification to off for all apps . Changed my ringtone. Check with my service pro idea for the M1, but they can't view any call. So it's literally #ghosting me.
I get all the normal calls , on the sim , WiFi, WhatsApp, viber , Skype etc. No issue there .
But sometimes it just rings all of a sudden jn the midnight or anytime in the day and I can't figure out why !

8 Comments
ccollin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi Mythi, have you tried turning on Do Not Disturb? If that still does not work, could it be because of any alarms that you have been set? (Go to Clock→Alarm to check)
Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Mythi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have done both the above. Also my notification tones are different .
I change the phone ringtone and that is the same (changed) tone I get from the ghost calls.
It's only twice or thrice a day - but just odd hours.
0 Likes
ccollin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Or is this issue caused by any contactless transaction cards that are near the NFC coil of your phone, causing it to read the card and produce a ringtone? Maybe turning off NFC will help.
0 Likes
Mythi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My NFC is off all the time.
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Mythi. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. We strongly suggest you contact our Samsung Care Line at 1800-425-2997 and our experts will be able to advise you accordingly.

Thank You.

0 Likes
Mythi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sure , I'll try that.
0 Likes
tudor900
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Users experiencing this issue are many. A simple online check will reveal. 

Can you put a solution to this. Ive experienced this on Samsung A series, not only on S series. 

Pls post a solution to this. 

This thread was 2021, this issue still persist till 2023.

Pls post a solution to this, not many people desire to root their phones.

0 Likes
Umarxny
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I am having the same issue on Samsung s22, any resolution?

I've tried below steps already

0 Likes