Original topic:

Bixby routines not in quick panel

(Topic created on: 02-13-2023 10:04 AM)
shawnzy
Active Level 3
Options
Bixby
Hey there, I've bought a new phone (s23 ultra) and transferred everything from my previous phone over. 

I realised that my routines were not working so when I checked it out, it seems like the whole routines page is grayed out. I can't enable anything. 

I saw that modes are a new thing so I thought I'll just recreate routines in modes instead but I can't turn it on. Error msg says to turn on bixby routines in quick panel. However, it isn't found in quick panel.

Researched a little and found others with the same issue. Was wondering if anyone has found a fix to this...
shawnzy
Active Level 3
Bixby
Yeah hopefully someone figures something out, or that samsung patch a fix in. I was living my life totally fine until routines came out and now I'm really used to having it.

I need it back! Haha

Anyway tyvm for your time to help with this! Cheers
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Bixby
Yes, I agree with u totally that Bixby Routines is really useful and I am also used to it, to set my Protect Battery routine to stop charging once it reaches 100% and also, turn Extra Dim when it hits midnight and turn on again once it hits daytime. Simple automation feature for everyone of all ages.

No problem on that. Glad to assist u. 😇
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Bixby
How about u try uninstalling and installing back again? See if it works.
0 Likes
shawnzy
Active Level 3
Bixby
How do you uninstall?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Bixby
U can go to Galaxy Store and search for Modes and Routines. If u see that u have installed it alr, now try to uninstall and install again. Then, try to setup, not sure if the previous routines u setup will be saved or erased.
0 Likes
shawnzy
Active Level 3
Bixby
Can't seem to find a button to uninstall modes and routines. In fact I can only find bixby and not modes.

Even then, I can only open and not uninstall
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Bixby
Okay got u, mine also can't uninstall. Since it's a pre-installed app and u can only uninstall updates.

Would u be able to try to go to App drawer > find Modes and Routines > Long press the icon > Click the Info icon > Click the 3-dot on top right > Click uninstall updates.

This will factory reset the app, back to its original state. And u try install again.Screenshot_20230213_132531_Settings.jpg
JP19
Expert Level 3
Bixby
Let me know how it goes by doing the above steps. 😊
0 Likes
shawnzy
Active Level 3
Bixby
That is so weird though. The 3 dots does not appear on my screen Screenshot_20230213_133501_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Bixby
Is ur current version 4.0.02.2?

Probably this is ur 1st and latest update and there isn't any old update available, since it's brand new.
0 Likes