Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they actually killed Komimasa? I guess they're a little more free to do things like killing kids in an OVA. I figured after basicially raiding a government building in the last episode Iria'd be a fugitive now or something, but she's even able to just stroll in and get her hunter's license. They didn't even mention the chip in this one, too. I think I shouldn't get too stoked for the plot in the next two episodes. I'd like to see how this could have been if it had had more time to develop things.
May 22, 2012 8:54 PM

Apr 2012
yeah I had the same thoughts about her freedom of movement. I guess the hunter's agency aren't the ones after her, but still.

still enjoying this, just not on the awesome! level at the start. I was intrigued to learn this was made as a prequel to a live action franchise, so it's going somewhere at least

those pink zeiram-y things looked a bit like Krang
Jun 6, 2015 10:26 AM

Feb 2013
Iria has a cool sword. Why is she always almost out of fuel?
Feb 20, 2016 6:55 PM

Jul 2010
Well RIP that other insignificant orphan I can't even remember the name of compared to Kei...
Jan 21, 2017 5:54 PM

May 2012
Damn a bit of melodrama can sometimes quite have an impact! Pretty nice development, yet still sad!

Let's see what happens next though!
Aug 22, 2017 3:36 PM
Aug 2014
Didn't expect Komimasa to die. When I said I didn't like the children this wasn't how I imagined they'd get rid of them.
Apr 11, 2020 7:20 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I'm really surprised that everyone forgot that Iria trespassed, took a hostage and, destroyed private property. She was just able to waltz into the hunter exam and get her license. Gren still being alive doesn't sit well with me, I think he should be stardust but it's not that big of a deal either way. The biggest thing to come from this episode is Komimasa dying and I can't feel sad for the kid he rushed into danger himself and paid the price. I'm super surprised that he died in the first place but I guess OVA's have more freedom to kill kids.
May 10, 2020 11:34 PM
Mar 2016
it is really nice how they mange to give a lot of details about the characters and focus on the plot
Sep 21, 2021 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
Noooo poor Komimasa

This episode with the new kinda Zeriam was creepy O_o

How was Iria allowed to walk into the government building after attacking it last episode? Why are they so loud in times when they're supposed to be sneaking around?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2021 7:24 PM
Dec 2017
Lot of story for a short show.

Dec 16, 2022 5:52 PM

Feb 2016
This must be the best episode yet. O yes!
Mar 18, 2023 6:53 PM
Mar 2019
Thought the Kids would survive.
Sep 10, 2023 1:29 AM
May 2017
So, it can assimilate body like The Things from 'Who Goes There?' now.
Feb 26, 7:06 AM
Mar 2019
Good episode, old art style well drawn and story continue interesting.
Jun 21, 8:58 PM
May 2023
Nooo one of the kids died saving Iria, so sad :( They turned out to be pretty useful and I was getting used to seeing them around. Their brattiness provided some fun banter with the grumpy Dr. Touka.

Also Dr. Touka seems like he could play a big role in helping Iria learn more about Zeiram. Although we have no idea how the Gren-zombie is connected to Zeiram, if at all. I think it's implied that it's a mimic created by Zeiram, but we'll see.

I like that Iria's cloak damage carries over to the next episode (seen in the preview at the end), and that Iria lets Kei keep her favorite hair ornament. The attention to aesthetic details is something I greatly appreciate from this series.

However I don't get how Iria is not a wanted fugitive for breaking into the government building from last episode, and still managed to get her Hunter license. It's either a plot hole or someone pulled some strings and smoothed things over for her incredibly well.
Pullups4DaysJun 21, 9:02 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Iria: Zeiram the Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Zewerr - Oct 29, 2011

25 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 22, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Iria: Zeiram the Animation Episode 5 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 7, 2012

14 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 22, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Iria: Zeiram the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 4, 2012

15 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 20, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Iria: Zeiram The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

BurntJelly - Jun 5, 2015

14 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 20, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Iria - Zeiram the Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Dec 29, 2008

28 by Pullups4Days »»
Jun 20, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.