Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler O'Bannon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2019
The best car analogy for M4 iPad Pro:
take a latest engine from Mercedes Bentz (AMG Project ONE, V6 turbocharged engine, from the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One race), put it in a tin can and put the can on three quadratic wheels.

Surely it can run somehow
Surely it can cost a lot
Surely it can transport you from a point A to point B in some capacity
The tin can is iPad OS. It looks nice and is shiny. It can't do much but it looks fine.
Then take away the two square wheels and leave the only one square wheel (USB-C port).

Charge a lot for it.
Profit!
You’re gonna get a lot of hate, and the iPad does have its main couple of areas of expertise, but I do appreciate this analogy a lot and you’re not gonna get much of an argument from me….

Reactions: StoneJack

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
I am replacing my MacBook Pro with the new iPad Pro. I’m OK with iPadOS, but it would be nice if Apple improved the file system and external connection support. I will miss macOS for its stability (in comparison - iPadOS is BUGGY AF), but the OLED, versatility, touchscreen, etc., are all preferable to me.
Yeah it's truly a do it all device for most people. I love having my MacBook Pro and my iPad Pro because although there is a lot of overlap, there are certain times when the iPad is just better or the Mac is just better.

I really don't understand the hate and confusion over iPad Pros and iPadOS. Don't like it, don't buy it. I feel MacRumors is in this infinite loop of "don't know what iPad Pro or iPadOS is."

Reactions: Aka757 and bondr006

Husbandofafilipina

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2024
I am reading this forum on an IPad M4 1tb. I own the most sophisticated device ever made. Although my M4 processor only draws 10watts to 20watts and doesn’t need a fan, it fights over its weight-class against processors drawing multiple times more power and requiring powerful cooling systems.
I exported a video from Final Cut that took about 10-minutes to complete (pushing the processor). I couldn’t feel any heat at all.
In short, IPad Pro M4 is STATE-OF-THE-ART…!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.