Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
this fiscal and not release
I'd be careful with this :D
Japanese fiscal year just started April 1st. Runs until the end of March 2025.
So yeah, they can announce it in March 2025 and release it before holidays in 2025

Also, the switch sales are doing great. otherwise they'd have killed it already (as they did with Wii U which sold poorly).

It topped 141 million units worldwide in March, up from 131 in September last year. Super Mario Wonder sold 12 million in 3 months and I think this was also a boost for new units (especially for people to upgrade to OLED).

Last edited:

Flamingdeathbolts

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2023
Realized the other day that I might need to buy a Nintendo Switch. So it’s almost now or wait till whatever console they announce next. Since I been out of the loop is pricing decent now or wait till Thanksgiving/Black Friday for a bundle deal?

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Switch has a tremendous collection of games and keep in mind that when Switch 2 will release, the first year will be a total war trying to get one (similar with xbox S|X and PS5). More people are having now a switch to upgrade from than any other console, plus the scalpers.
So unless we're lucky, it will be pretty hard to get one in the first year :(

Until Black Friday it's 4.5 months, I wouldn't wait and I'd rather enjoy the time playing instead save $50

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Realized the other day that I might need to buy a Nintendo Switch. So it’s almost now or wait till whatever console they announce next. Since I been out of the loop is pricing decent now or wait till Thanksgiving/Black Friday for a bundle deal?
Not sure, but it is likely there will be a sale on Amazon (and other sites) for 'Prime Days' in a couple of weeks. Those tend to be ~$25-50 off the OLED. (so $300-325 vs $350)

Reactions: Flamingdeathbolts

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Save money, buy a used one and sell it in 12-18 months whenever you manage to get your hand on the new one which will likely be expensive given that Nintendo has partnered with Nvidia.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Save money, buy a used one and sell it in 12-18 months whenever you manage to get your hand on the new one which will likely be expensive given that Nintendo has partnered with Nvidia.
The Switch is nvidia hardware as well. Nintendo has been pretty good about launch price of their hardware. I’d assume $299-$349 would be the launch pricing of the next gen Switch.

Reactions: txa1265

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
The Switch is nvidia hardware as well. Nintendo has been pretty good about launch price of their hardware. I’d assume $299-$349 would be the launch pricing of the next gen Switch.
For this generation of consoles and gpus, hardware is half the job.

If the switch 2 architecture makes heavy use of custom alogirhtms for machine learnings they will need continuous maintenance and updates then that will be factored in to the price.

Nvidia's time and resources are currently worth alot. It would be fun to know how much of the Switch 2 R&D, product and service level agreements were negotiated and locked at the start of kick-off. Because of inflation $399 wouldn't be shocking. We live in a time of $1,000 iPads.

There is alot to find out e.g whether it will have back compatability and whether the Switch OLED will be discontinued or remain in production as an entry level option.

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Pokemon is great, however they've been lazy with Scarlet/ Violet and it's poorly optimized. It's a very fun game tho, after you get past fps nausea.

Still baffles me that we have TOTK/ BOTW running flawless and S/V barely hits 20fps :)) but it's a fun game.

Also they're developed by different studios

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Pretty good deal here for a 1.5TB card - 115 quid

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.