Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
I didn't check out right away and Woolnut sent me a 10% off code as an encouragement to finish my cart. Needless to say, I jumped on that pretty quick. lol Final price was $172. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get it.
I got the 10% for signing up to their newsletter, which pretty much covered shipping from Sweden to the UK. What you’ll receive is nothing short of quality, from the packaging to the actual product :)

Reactions: Apple_Robert

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Burton Onyx Black 13” pre-ordered. 15% was a nice touch. Now to wait 😊

Will post back here with a proper review
Just got mine in black for my 13 MKB. It’s extremely nice; it has a professional leather attache-like appearance. It fits perfectly, however the camera cut outs don’t line up perfectly when the MKB is open; the weight of it shifts down a very small amount. However I checked the camera function and this does not interfere in any way. You can wiggle the MKB up a bit so that the cutout areas become aligned but over some time it’s going to shift back down a little. Image below.

The case extends out far enough on all sides to be protective of the sides of the keyboard and the ipad. In addition the way the case is constructed completely prevents any MKB wobbling that some have complained about. I’ve never had that issue but this case would solve it for others who have. The one thing to be aware of, those who had a previous version from Pad & Quill will already know this, the weight of the combination, at least for my 13, is significant. I knew it wouldn’t actually be light as a feather but I was somewhat surprised at just how heavy this combo is. For some this may make it unacceptable, but if you’re looking for something that provides excellent all around protection from dings or dents of the ipad or keyboard, and prevents any scuffs occurring to the exterior of the MKB, this would be the solution to several possible issues. So just accept the weight and enjoy. For me I primarily use my ipad and keyboard at home on a lap desk. But I would place this in the new case for any out and about usage. And compared to some leather sleeve/cases I’ve seen, which cost almost as much, you have a more useful product.

After having this for a couple days now I realize that the additional weight, which admittedly is minor compared to the MKB+iPad, is no more than you would experience if the ipad and keyboard were being carried in a sleeve. But you would have the advantage of a protective cover while actually using the keyboard and iPad. So it offers greater utility with about the same weight. I had previously tried an ESR Shift 13 iPP case that has no keyboard but was heavier than the MKB. The Shift plus iPP was very heavy but offers a lot of utility if a keyboard is not needed. Weight is just something to accepted with these devices. I’d say the Burton offers a premium appearance, and protection, with no more weight than any number of other options.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I do have to retract something I stated in a previous post about the Burton Magic Keyboard case. I had thought the part of the case that encloses the hinge of the MKB would prevent the wobble. In fact, it makes it worse. The additional weight of the Burton case that holds the upper part of the MKB increases the tiltability of the whole thing. That and the fact that the lower portion of the Burton is not attached in any way to the keyboard portion allows it to rock back with little effort. It does still protect the exterior of the MKB from abrasions and scuffing but will not prevent it from wobbling.

Reactions: Wormald
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.