Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Sry but no bury cam happens with my Samsung Galaxy S23. Maybe clean your lenses with microfiber cloth or remove any lens protection?

You're the first I've seen complain about this
my s23+ had blurry pics, even on stationary dogs, and a cleaned lens. My S24U is a little bit better, but P8P takes sharper pics

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Only iphone and pixel can take good pics of moving objects/people/animals… samsung is well known for being tragic in this type of shooting

Last edited:
Reactions: unclejamaal

Fille84

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2013
my s23+ had blurry pics, even on stationary dogs, and a cleaned lens. My S24U is a little bit better, but P8P takes sharper pics
If you get blurry pictures of a dog that's not moving you must have a defect device. I have both a 8 Pro and S24U and there's barely any difference when it comes to moving objects, seriously I think people overreacting when it comes to motion blur. If we're talking about general pictures taken by both phones there's more details on the shots taken with S24U, would be strange otherwise since there's a better sensor in S24U and also higher MP.

Reactions: jamezr

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
If you get blurry pictures of a dog that's not moving you must have a defect device. I have both a 8 Pro and S24U and there's barely any difference when it comes to moving objects, seriously I think people overreacting when it comes to motion blur. If we're going talking about general pictures taken by both phones there's more details on the shots taken with S24U, would be strange otherwise since there's a better sensor in S24U and also higher MP.
I had s23 base then swapped for bigger one, same issue. I'm pretty sure it was the processing.

Doing side by sides of same dog and same angle p8p is more accurate colourwise. S24 is better than s23 at not blurring fur, but it's a low bar to beat.

S24u is better for motion blur than s23, but not as good as p8p.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I had s23 base then swapped for bigger one, same issue. I'm pretty sure it was the processing.

Doing side by sides of same dog and same angle p8p is more accurate colourwise. S24 is better than s23 at not blurring fur, but it's a low bar to beat.

S24u is better for motion blur than s23, but not as good as p8p.
Do you even tap to focus at all?
Sounds like you just dislike Samsung phones in general and want a pixel why not just go with what you prefer? I'm not even a shutterbug at all and all these specs about cameras this-n-that I don't even understand at all, but blurring fur on dogs stationary ... has not happened with my S23. I'll edit this post later tonight with an upload of my GF's pup. (Done)

Attachments

• 20231027_072140.jpg
    20231027_072140.jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Do you even tap to focus at all?
Sounds like you just dislike Samsung phones in general and want a pixel why not just go with what you prefer? I'm not even a shutterbug at all and all these specs about cameras this-n-that I don't even understand at all, but blurring fur on dogs stationary ... has not happened with my S23. I'll edit this post later tonight with an upload of my GF's pup.
I actually like galaxies, and yes I tried tap to focus but no dice.

I can only state my experience. I focus on the head and their bum\tail will be blurry whilst the head is ok.

I got the galaxy as my p8p battery isn't great and it gets a bit warm at times. I think the s24 is more likely to last 7 years but maybe you are right and the pixel is better for me

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I actually like galaxies, and yes I tried tap to focus but no dice.

I can only state my experience. I focus on the head and their bum\tail will be blurry whilst the head is ok.

I got the galaxy as my p8p battery isn't great and it gets a bit warm at times. I think the s24 is more likely to last 7 years but maybe you are right and the pixel is better for me
Try the following.

Goto home screen,
Tap & hold the camera application and select the "i" information icon.
Then, I believe in settings,
you'll find and advanced somewhere therein you'll find Intelligence Optimization.
I'm set to medium, chance yours to minimum and then exit and retry taking a picture see if that helps.

Reactions: robvalentine
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.