Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
Has anyone has any luck or horror stories with slick wraps? I feel like i used to use their products 100 years ago on old android phones. I would like to add a skin to my Magic Keyboard.
it’s been a while since I’ve ordered from slickwraps but from what I recall, the shipping takes forever if you don’t pay for extra shipping. I recall waiting a month for simple skins that showed in stock, with no shipping tracking info and no response from their customer service either. Really turned me off and made me go to other skin manufacturers (SopiGuard, dBrand).

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
I received my dBrand order for the 11” Magic Keyboard (M4). This is the Obsidian skin, which also comes with Triple Black for free. Looks great, although very slick and glides across my desk quite easily. Very reflective and shiny as well. I’m liking it!

IMG_2296.jpeg
IMG_2295.jpeg
IMG_2300.jpeg
IMG_2299.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
How did you score the free one?
The company supplies it if you buy any of the 3 holographic skins.

Damascus Information​

The holographic Damascus effect is made possible by a ~0.1% composition of a signal-reducing metallic additive. Based on our testing of your device, we do not expect you will experience any issues.

As a failsafe, we're including a free, non-metallic Triple Black Damascus skin with your order.

Reactions: Aka757

Z6128

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
I’m tempted to get a skin again, but I’d want one where the color around the edges didn’t fade quickly since changing the skins seems to be an issue.

The fingerprints and marks this rubber material gets drives me crazy trying to keep it clean all the time.

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
I’m tempted to get a skin again, but I’d want one where the color around the edges didn’t fade quickly since changing the skins seems to be an issue.

The fingerprints and marks this rubber material gets drives me crazy trying to keep it clean all the time.
FWIW, the dbrand skin I posted above seems to be able to come off quite easily. I tried to take a small piece off (not completely, about half way just to see if it messed with the keyboard), and it was really smooth.

Reactions: kitt9000

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
I want something clear and grippy. I definitely love just a clear wrap for the aluminum charging edge.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
FWIW, the dbrand skin I posted above seems to be able to come off quite easily. I tried to take a small piece off (not completely, about half way just to see if it messed with the keyboard), and it was really smooth.
that is helpful to know! Ive never ordered a skin before, but just pre-ordered one of the leather ones from D-brand. The feeling of leather would be awesome when handling the ipad/Magic keyboard, which my ipad is in nearly 100% of the time. Was worried that it may not be able to be removed without residual leftover.

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
that is helpful to know! Ive never ordered a skin before, but just pre-ordered one of the leather ones from D-brand. The feeling of leather would be awesome when handling the ipad/Magic keyboard, which my ipad is in nearly 100% of the time. Was worried that it may not be able to be removed without residual leftover.
Please share your thoughts on the leather skin when it comes in! I was considering getting that but also got a separate leather case so thought it would be a bit redundant.

Reactions: kitt9000

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Please share your thoughts on the leather skin when it comes in! I was considering getting that but also got a separate leather case so thought it would be a bit redundant.
sure will do! Which case did you end up going with if you dont mind me asking? seeing if any other compelling options, esp if other leather options still sleek but maybe providing additional protection.

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
sure will do! Which case did you end up going with if you dont mind me asking? seeing if any other compelling options, esp if other leather options still sleek but maybe providing additional protection.
I went with this option

Very pricey but looks high quality, some folks on here have said positive things about this company’s predecessor, Pad & Quill.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I ended up buying the ACID dbrand skin….but alas they sent me the wrong size and 3 days in still no response from customer service..

Last edited:

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
So dBrand finally got ahold of me and sent me the right skin, and I went ahead and took the risk...ill try peeling a corner in a month or so to see if they were being truthful....

that being said I have a 13" ACID skin for the M4 Magic Keyboard that is doing nothing but taking up space, happy to send it to a forum member if shipping and envelope, is covered and all I would ask for is a little donation to buy an energy drink....I'm in the US so that would be easiest, just hit me up via a PM....1st come 1st served...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.