Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Lumen Field (pro soccer, football) here in Seattle limits you to 200mm. At T-Mobile Park (pro baseball), it's "Cameras smaller than 6 inches with the lens fully extended are allowed".
Crikey that's pretty restrictive! I did pack a couple of teleconverters with me incase I needed them, maybe the 200mm limit might not be so bad if you can sneak in a 1.4x/2x tele...

sparksd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Crikey that's pretty restrictive! I did pack a couple of teleconverters with me incase I needed them, maybe the 200mm limit might not be so bad if you can sneak in a 1.4x/2x tele...

The 6" and/or 200mm limits are pretty common for pro stadiums across the US. There are other limits that come into play - many types of carry bags and packs (back & fanny) are commonly outright prohibited.

• Wow
Reactions: Onimusha370

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
The 6" and/or 200mm limits are pretty common for pro stadiums across the US. There are other limits that come into play - many types of carry bags and packs (back & fanny) are commonly outright prohibited.
That's brutal... I've been thinking about a trip to the US for a while so that's good info - thanks :)

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
Nice shots. They don't restrict use of the long lenses?

Lumen Field (pro soccer, football) here in Seattle limits you to 200mm. At T-Mobile Park (pro baseball), it's "Cameras smaller than 6 inches with the lens fully extended are allowed".

That's brutal... I've been thinking about a trip to the US for a while so that's good info - thanks :)
This is a good moment to promote M43, where 300mm can get you a lot of reach at 2x crop. The 300mm F4 would be ideal. Can you sneak in a TC2X? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.