Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Look at S23 series vs S24 series... Yes, they are flagship phones but Qualcomm Snapdragon does not seem to have competition in android space...

If they do not want the latest and greatest, just use the previous years flagship chipsets...

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
So been a few more days now and the phone is starting to show in places where it's a midranger.
Nothing crazy, but today I was driving home from a tennis match at an away club and needed the sat nav (Google maps). Before I drove off I pulled my phone out to just click 'home' and go however the whole maps app just froze up and no matter what I did (locking phone, swiping up / back etc) it just stayed frozen. Then it all just fired back to life and tried to do all my actions at once which made it stutter along for a minute.

Another one is video playback and capture. Takes a while to boot up and the output from the phone is not good from a video perspective. In fact, it's pretty poor.
Uploading a vid to Instagram stories with some music has proven this phones kryptonite haha.
But it's kinda expected given the price.

Another area that is slow is connecting my pixel buds. Often it just stays "connecting" forever and I have to disconnect via settings and try again. That's happened the last 3 days. I know I could get the Nothing buds for a likely more seamless experience, however I don't need more earphones.

Overall it's still a great package, but it is starting to show it's technical chops, or lack thereof, more I use it.

Reactions: Neofox and Bkdodger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.