Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Has anyone tried:

* Reunion 14 (genealogy software)
* Sheepshaver

Just upgraded to the Beta 2.

Both these apps works fine.

(Had a bit of a scare with Reunion, which seemingly wiped all 112.000+ people in our Family Tree, but it was just Dropbox messing up, and once I let Dropbox sync whatever it wanted, everything seems to work.)

Flicker10

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2024
Having a ton of crashes with adobe Lightroom/ps/camera raw on B2.
Disabling GPU helps slightly, but still persists with anything having to do with masking. Was working fine prior to B2.

avro707

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2010
Has thsi been fixed in B2?
I didn't see the issue in Beta 1 to be honest - but I also didn't restart in windows (as I didn't do anything in that timeframe that needed windows).

I only boot into windows when I have work needing to be done in Windows. I haven't installed Beta 2 yet because it only just appeared for me this morning. Give me time.

The usual scenario that causes this bug is to boot into a different OS and then when you reboot the machine from Windows (using the bootcamp selection, boot into MacOS) that's when it shows up after you've restarted.

If you cold boot into MacOS it is usually okay. It's very random though so hard to tell if it's 100% related to reboots rather than cold-start the computer.

Reactions: Newfiejudd

Newfiejudd

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
I didn't see the issue in Beta 1 to be honest - but I also didn't restart in windows (as I didn't do anything in that timeframe that needed windows).

I only boot into windows when I have work needing to be done in Windows. I haven't installed Beta 2 yet because it only just appeared for me this morning. Give me time.

The usual scenario that causes this bug is to boot into a different OS and then when you reboot the machine from Windows (using the bootcamp selection, boot into MacOS) that's when it shows up after you've restarted.

If you cold boot into MacOS it is usually okay.
Thank you for the update. Appreciate the input. :)

avro707

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2010
Note I just made an edit with more details.

I'm hoping to get a second 7,1 28 Core machine so I can be more free to test things on that and have a backup machine to my main one (which I got new from Apple).

reycat

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
In beta 1 Cleanshot X wouldn't record a scrolling capture, a prompt asking for permissions appeared and I couldn't do anything.

Now, in beta 2, a simple screen capture won't work, with the same message.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
In beta 1 Cleanshot X wouldn't record a scrolling capture, a prompt asking for permissions appeared and I couldn't do anything.

I was about to post about CleanShot but for the OCR. It was working fine with b1 and now has stopped working with b2.

KibJ

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2019

I was about to post about CleanShot but for the OCR. It was working fine with b1 and now has stopped working with b2.

What version of CleanShot X are you on?

I'm on 4.7.2 (c869b83) and all functions are working, including the scrolling capture and OCR

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
What version of CleanShot X are you on?

I'm on 4.7.2 (c869b83) and all functions are working, including the scrolling capture and OCR
Same version. I can't do anything with it basically. A popup asking for permissions shows up and freezes and I can only close it after several seconds.

bax2023

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2023
Serbia
Same version. I can't do anything with it basically. A popup asking for permissions shows up and freezes and I can only close it after several seconds.
You mean this window ?

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 13.23.47.png

I've gave it permissions:

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 13.25.12.png

And it still freezez all windows for few seconds and does nothing.

dialekt

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Here are my findings with a bit of a different type of setup. I am using the Apple Vision Pro almost exclusively to edit in for most projects especially final color. DaVinci Resolve works but had a bit of latency using virtual display. Something feels different. Can't place my finger on it yet. It worked better during the second opening of the program. DaVinci Resolve 19 beta 3 will continue to ask for activation key during each launch. I have not noticed the previously stated corruption bug with Sony files etc. So far all my major programs seem to open and work just fine. Lightroom Classic latest version, Final Cut Pro seems to have the same level of latency / a slight bit of choppy behavior that DaVinci Resolve does. But works just fine. Testing doing a USB export in latest version of Rekordbox. Will test Serato DJ by tomorrow. So far so good. OBS seems to work as normal, did a test recording as well. USB stream camera via mirrorless by sony works fine with webcam. I will try tethered shooting with capture one and etc tomorrow as well. But so far it seems like I can continue my work while enjoying the risk laden OS. I tried to have a bit of self control but seeing all the iPhone mirroring posts made me cave. Sheesh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.